Grand ole Duke of York - Aint!!!

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Why are all you Brits still so bitter that we left you and became so successful? I mean, we bailed you all out in WWI and Two.
You need to lay off the crystal meth mate. I don't know anyone who is bitter about Merrygun 'success'. Have you had any medical procedures recently, been to the doctor? How much did that cost you?

Is it fun living in a caravan trailer with the rest of your extended family? How's the banjo playing going?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Stolen from @Trackpen on ARRSE:

A former colleague (a retired French naval Captain) collected first editions.
His pride and joy was one of the first books printed in the new colony, ie Pilgrim Fathers era.
I was interested to note that the spellings that differ from ‘standard’ English were all in the book, eg color, labor, honor, etc. So they date back to that time.
I have, in the past, been known to cite this to US friends and colleagues, with the rider ( and a smile): ‘Clearly, the Pilgrim Fathers were illiterate, and Americans have carried that forward to this day.’
Some smiled, some didn’t.

My bold!

Sumo

War Hero
Now, now, no need to bitch, the yanks came into both wars, at the end when almost won, cost us a furtune, and they wanted all the best accommodation, then take the credit for winning. They are the RAF I claim my £5

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Don't mock the septics, where else can you legally buy an automatic weapon to go hunting with, or schoolkids if no deer are available!

LifebuoyGhost

Lantern Swinger
Don't be such a ********, everyone knows it was only one Yank name of John Wayne who was original a girlie named Marion who won the war
I went to visit the National Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City some years back - expecting to be carried back to my time riding the range with Louis Lamour - only to find that a great chunk of it is dedicated to the said Marion Morrison - though to be fair there were some really interesting exihibits on the real cowboys and Indians Native Americans

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I went to visit the National Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City some years back - expecting to be carried back to my time riding the range with Louis Lamour - only to find that a great chunk of it is dedicated to the said Marion Morrison - though to be fair there were some really interesting exihibits on the real cowboys and Indians Native Americans
I visited the USN Submarine Museum in Groton Connecticut. It is a HUGE building.... sadly it had (comparatively) very few exhibits, whereas the RN Submarine Museum in Gosport has gazillions of exhibits crammed into a small building, with warehouses full of stuff they have no room to display!