Grading

#1
Hi all, im about to start officer trainging for pilot branch and although grading is a fair way of, was just wondering can anyone give me a bit of a heads up of what to expect and how to prepare?

Thanks
 
#2
Buy a copy of FS2004 and play away :D:D

In all seriousness though, im doing the same and i dont think you can really prepare for it, short of getting your Private Pilots License and putting some hours in :S
 
#3
You could start by remembering the keys on the keyboard!!! How do you spell training!!! :lol: :lol:

You don't want to select the wrong button in a cockpit.

Oooops sorry - didn't mean to drop a torpedo!! I was trying to reset the GPS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though. Read through the many threads on here regarding the matter. There is a search facility too.

And good luck.
 
#4
Waspie said:
You could start by remembering the keys on the keyboard!!! How do you spell training!!! :lol: :lol:

You don't want to select the wrong button in a cockpit.

Oooops sorry - didn't mean to drop a torpedo!! I was trying to reset the GPS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though. Read through the many threads on here regarding the matter. There is a search facility too.

And good luck.
Ok cheers! I see your point about knowing the keyboard! Il get to work on that!

But i've had a quick look through the site but can't really find anything that tells me about it! Anychance you can help!? What are you flying?
 
#5
karskin said:
Buy a copy of FS2004 and play away :D:D

In all seriousness though, im doing the same and i dont think you can really prepare for it, short of getting your Private Pilots License and putting some hours in :S
Well ive got a flying game that i probably spend way too much time on already!

I've done gliding but i was thinking more of the ground school/maths stuff really. You have a PPL? yOU GOING IN IN aPRIL?
 
#6
topman said:
Waspie said:
You could start by remembering the keys on the keyboard!!! How do you spell training!!! :lol: :lol:

You don't want to select the wrong button in a cockpit.

Oooops sorry - didn't mean to drop a torpedo!! I was trying to reset the GPS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though. Read through the many threads on here regarding the matter. There is a search facility too.

And good luck.
Ok cheers! I see your point about knowing the keyboard! Il get to work on that! edit :roll: :roll: FFS dont pull anything painted Black and Yellow :wink: Slim will be along shortly to explain the pitfalls of operating the battery isolater S/W :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
 
#7
topman said:
Waspie said:
You could start by remembering the keys on the keyboard!!! How do you spell training!!! :lol: :lol:

You don't want to select the wrong button in a cockpit.

Oooops sorry - didn't mean to drop a torpedo!! I was trying to reset the GPS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though. Read through the many threads on here regarding the matter. There is a search facility too.

And good luck.
Ok cheers! I see your point about knowing the keyboard! Il get to work on that!

But i've had a quick look through the site but can't really find anything that tells me about it! Anychance you can help!? What are you flying?
A PC now.

Retired years ago as an Aircrewman not a chauffeur. (sic) Wasp's - Wessex 1's 3's and 5's then Sea Kings 2/5/6.

But my boss(s), (pilot), and I would practice operating switches and controls blind folded in case we suffered total electrical failure or the like.

Useful if hit by lightening or suffer genny failures etc.
 
#8
Are you genuinely about to start training with the FAA? F*ck me they've lowered their standards a bit. Either sharpen up, show some intelligence or you won't last.
 
#9
Passing grading is not about what you know when you start, but your rate of learning/teachability during the grading course. You might as well practice on a Bob the Builder game as practice on a flight sim prog., to be quite honest.

When you get there, learn the checks, listen to the instructor, ask if you don't understand, and stay calm. They want you to pass, remember, and they are not looking to fail you.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scimitar123 The Fleet Air Arm 14
E Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
OSLO Current Affairs 56

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top