GP

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by carajady, May 7, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay this is a really weird question when i go to HMS Raleigh do i have to join their GP or can i stay with my own GP?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It is a weird question.

Once you join, your day to day healthcare is the responsibility of Defence Medical Services.

3. I knew it was weird but it is a GP i have had since birth and is very good and a family member works there so i can always get an appointment so i didnt want to leave

4. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Think logically, if you are deployed away from the UK, how do you think you'd get to see your own GP?

5. If he / she is a good GP and obviously knows you, then if you have a problem whilst on leave he / she will treat you as a visitor - at the very least.
    Mine did - many years ago in the dark distant days, even sent me to hospital for the appendicitis that I didn't have!

6. Going from your last "post" about no longer joining I guess this is immaterial - but as Granny says ... if you are floating around in the middle of "The Ogin" where the nearest land is 5 miles away... straight down ... I would suggest that getting to see your GP may prove to be a tad difficult.