Governments and our money

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by flymo, Nov 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If a government were to take over office and find that UK PLCs books were quite healthy (aka balanced account), why would a government need to borrow money? The Governemnt would then have to pay the original money and interest back to the lenders, using money that has been obtained from the tax payers.... aka you and me.

Is this borrowing all to give money to the banks and so thus feather the MPs nest on leaving office in the future?

I'm not looking at anyone or political party in particular, but one or two names do seem to crop up in my mind's eye.

Almost published this in current affairs but as I normally speak cr4p and get ignored I thought this forum would be best for this dinky diatribe.
  2. We will always need to borrow as tax income falls way short of gov spending, but you knew that anyway. When the banks were bailed out it was with money that we had borrowed . :scratch:. As for lining someones pockets, tsk, wash your mouth out. :brushteeth:
  3. To pay for all the benefits, false jobs and wars it wishes to create.

4. I was going to say the wars are good for our SDSR's, then I thought, "no it doesn't!!".