Goverment Citizenship Test

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Nutty, Sep 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Contributor Mode

The Sunday Times have printed a copy of the test that people will be expected to gain British Citizenship. of the 100 British Citizens who took the test all failed. I managed 14 correct out of 24.

What most of these question have to do with being a good British Citzen if far beyond me. Have a try yourself Mutliple Choice

CITIZEN

Nutty

2. 11 FFS

That's it, deport me.

3. That's got to be a piss take or the lunatics have taken over my asylum.

In my country, bloody never! Do they mean Mothring Sunday?

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I got 15, though I would disagree with the dog coller answer (I got that one right by guessing that they would not allow for the exceptions)

I can't see what some of the questions would do to improve ones understanding of a new country.

5. Most of the questions seem to have been selected by some really right-on social scientists.

I thought it would be testing laws, government, customs etc, but I'm obviously not a correct thinking citizen (I thought I was a subject?).

Why I would need to be tested on the number of independent schools, the population of Wales, the difference in hourly pay etc is beyond me.

If I were an immigrant, the sort of things I'd need to know would be how to vote, the law, customs like standing in a queue and not eating pets, public holidays, how to recognise the emergency services etc.

6. How bloody pathetic is that quiz - I got 12 (50%) right and of those I had to totally guess 8 of those I got right, which means I actually knew 4 !!!

Of what relevance are most of the crap quesions asked?

LOB

7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I got 4 wrong but had to guess about 10 of them, what has knowing the percentage of Catholics got to do with citizenship?

8. I got 16 out of 24, and you need 18 to pass so i guess I'll be deported soon..... :thumright:

9. I got 13, and several were guesses. Looks like the immigration service will be deporting me soon!