Got the ball rolling!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kiwi-Fi, Dec 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well 8 months after deciding I want to join the RN, I got back to the UK on Wednesday and was at my AFCO on Thursday morning. Sat the aptitude test which thankfully I passed and got a good enough score for WS(HM). I had my interview and medical this morning. Interview went really well so I am a very happy bunny!

I have a very slight heart murmur which I have already had checked and is nothing of concern, but as they need to follow procedures, this needs to be okayed by the powers that be. The doc does not seem to think it will be a problem at all so I am not too worried about it although I can't wait to get everything signed and sealed!

So it's looking like at 33 years of age (34 by the time I get to Raleigh) and after 8 years down under, I will be packing up and heading back to the UK to join the RN. So just one thing..........Am I flippin' mental????? :eek:mfg:

2. Well you'll soon find out for yourself if you are or not. Anyways good luck!

3. Hell yeah.... lol

Good luck with the medical and everything else mate.

:thumright: :salut:

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well done Fi, best of luck.

Truth is, if I had my life again, I'd do the same again.

(Although, maybe a different wife next time.... :dwarf: )

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've said it before and I'll say it again, " That Ninja's a brave man." :thumright:
    NZB

6. You can join at the ripe age of 34???!!! o_O Bloody hell.... some of your messmates will be young enough for you to be their dad! :lol:

7. Why do I get the impression that Ninja's wife is never likely to read his posts? She is far too busy cleaning the car and keeping the fridge stocked with cold beers is she not???

Thankfully I will never be old enough to be any of their fathers....mother perhaps......But I'm sure you will agree that age is only a number and you're only as old as the man you feel :thumright:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Or even Mum.

You can join the regular RN as a rating up to your 37th birthday on date of entry.

Sooner or later there will be the possibility of a Father/Son or Mother/Son or combinations thereof joining on the same day. Unlikely, but feasible.

9. ...first question to any Junior joining a stokers mess... ''got any photos of your mother''

10. Oh crap, my boyfriend's 14 years older than me..

11. Ninja_Stoker

He was six years younger when this thread started.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I might but for sure in a different branch. All Newbees for fcuks sake make 100% sure you have chosen the right branch for you.I do not know the policy of recatting today,but i feel strongly from my experience that it would be better not to join than be trapped in a job you hate and have no interest in. On wives, I would not have got involved with the first Mrs Jesse or her retarded Jeremy Kyle type family.

13. Yes your mental.
    Why are you not joining the RNZN may I ask?

14. Christ didn't even realise this was so old still mad to leave the colonies to join the RN.

15. EMB

EMB Midshipman

Good luck and have fun