Got Rejected my dream is over

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by pointbreak, Mar 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I did not get in the Navy got through the psychometic test, medical, physical failed on the selection test and I am 36 wont get another chance to take it, keep beating myself up and been really depressed have to languish on a boring production line it was my dream to get myself trained up and travel the world meet new lifelong friends and help out my struggling parents, is there any chance I could retake and get in before my 37th birthday in September?
    Keep going over and over in my mind if only signed up sooner if only I knew they would ask me questions about the Navy in the interview and gave my strong confident self. My recruiter said I should go for the RFA but saw how fierce the competition is imagine they would go with someone with a decade of experience!
    Dont know how I can ever get over this, anyone in the same sitution or any words would appreciate it
  2. Sorry to hear that bud.

Look to the front, don't ponder on what may have been. Life goes on!
  3. I echo what Waspie has said.

Follow up the Recruiter's suggestion of the RFA.
  4. Mate 36 is way too old to be living in a messdeck without a hook on your arm or better still 2 hooks, I struggled at age 45 at sea, fcuk me you would be 58 before you went to pension. :toothy4:
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It's taken you 20 years to think of helping out your struggling parents or life on the production line. You've had ample time to square your shit away. Tough shit, life isn't a rehearsal numb nuts. Big deep breath and crack on.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Fuckin hell whats your take on Post traumatic Stress:- Get over it.
    I really felt the love there.
  7. sorry to hear that. Out of interest what did you expect them to ask you at the interview?
  8. His favorite colour, did he like seafood, would blue go with the colour of his eyes.
    Do you think you should need a licence to keep a pet boot-neck.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

When you decide to give up the ice road trucking blobbs, I feel you'll be suited for a role within the Samaritans.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lifes a bitch. Then one day you might get to marry one.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I never opened the batting for England, rode a stage of the Tour de France or stepped into the ring with Nigel Benn.

You'll get over it. Stop crying.

Addendum: If I was someone else I'd now be quoting and editing my above post to read "Or got lanced in the ring by Nigel Benn."
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  12. Fuckin underachiever.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. I know, I had to settle for the RN. Rubbish.
  14. You should try my job, I'm a Christmas card salesman Jahallabad.

15. Sorry to hear that you failed in the selection, If you dont get another chance at the RN then maybe try the French Foreign Legion. They take a lot of people who have been rejected by their countries Armed Forces and you will make life long friends from lots of different countries and you get to travel the globe, Just a thought if you really want to serve in an armed forces and your recruiter sounds like a right lying cnut He only said RFA to make you feel better and he knew you wouldnt get in to the RFA either. keep your chin up and dont become an alcoholic or a crack head over it.
  16. Don't listen to cumdownmythroat, he's an Olympic tool.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. No i wont cum down your throat.
  18. cum guzzler and tiddlywank can cum down your throat! Leave me out of it.
  19. See?

20. See what? you start it i finish it so dont try to act the innocent one with me.