Got my start date.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gemma93, Apr 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 29th September.

Anyone else joining on that day?
  2. Hi Gemma93. Haven't seen you on here for a while. Hope all is good with you. Pleased to see that you have an entry date.
  3. hahahahahaha April fools?

4. I thought entry dates were always on a Sunday :thumright:
  5. Huge day for the Navy.
  6. must be! i mean, for them to finally accept you! i'm sure you will be a vital asset for the RN!
    It makes me think though, how did they manage all these years without you?

7. ............My slips are heeled:blackeye:
  8. 29th September is a thursday!
  10. As you are joining on a Thursday, it looks like you have been selected for the SPESHUL course. This is to give you 4 days to decide if you want to sign on or not. Any others been chosen for this. If not, ask your AFCO about it as it is only a new idea that has recently been implemented.
  11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Suprised only one of the old hands (I think) has clicked the importance of the date.

Epic fail by the young thrusters.
  12. Oh, I know, that means I must be really old too then.....I'm leaving. I only popped to look when I saw who started the thread, and wanted to see how low she could sink on her return to get approval from the blokes on here...quite disappointed now.
  13. hi gemma when did you apply?
  14. Seems like ages ago.
  15. 1943 – World War II: U.S. General Dwight D. Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign an armistice aboard the Royal Navy battleship HMS Nelson off Malta.?
  16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Nah, Nelsons birthday.

She's also told the AFCO she doesn't do weekends, hence the thursday start date.
  17. Ask for a ReScrub for the 28th October a far more salubrious date IMO.:laughing2: