got my PJFT today...

Discussion in 'RMR' started by TheRust, Jul 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright guys,

Ive got my PJFT later, whats it like.... im at a good fitness level and im quietly confident ill be ok. Do you run it on a treadmill or do you run on a track or something?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Treadmill, 10 mins dead. Ave constant speed 14.6Km/h minimum.

Good luck.

3. thank you mate, ill let you know how i get on. cheers again for the advice!

4. I passed, 9.01 i done it in. Was pretty easy!! The machine doesnt really go that fast does it?
    Take it easy lads!

5. 9.01?

I'm surprised you did it that fast.
    I took the treadmill straight to its top speed (constantly) when I did mine, and the fastest I could do it in was 9.15

btw, the machine does go that fast
    (get it?) :thumright:

6. Shhhhh ;)

7. Treadmills.... ******* hate them! :threaten:

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ah yes, but it's easier for the PTI to monitor you over the distance whilst doing the crossword, without spilling his pint.

9. hahaha

10. I can't decide whether I hate them because they nearly wrecked my knees at the tender age of 18 or whether they are a breeding ground for posing poofs who think they are nails! Treadmills + mirrors = civvi gym syndrome! :pukel:

Good effort on the PJFT by the way Rust. :thumright:

11. Cheers percy, just gotta wait and see if i get the letter saying i can attend the PRMC in September, Fingers crossed mate.
    I prefer to run on the roads, it proper bores me running on a treadmill. Give me my Ipod + Running shoes and im away for a good few miles. Gotta love roadwork. I hate these ponces who pose in the gym like what percy said, you gotta grit your teeth and work hard instead of standing there tensing your buttocks in the mirror. hahaha!

12. Well done The Rusty Scouser. Just make sure you leave the Ipod behind when going tactical mate :thumright:
    NZB

13. hahaha, cheers buddy! ;)

16. Ninja_Stoker

The Ipod is technically regarded as international currency for escape & evasion bartering nowadays.

We no longer give operational aircrew gold sovereigns, just an Ipod with the proviso that Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac & Meatloaf are not downloaded onto it, otherwise they'd know you're a matelot.

Current exchange rate is:

1 X Ipod = 1 Bespoke de-mob suit, apparently.