Got my letter today!

Discussion in 'RFA' started by AussieMedic, Aug 5, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my provisional offer for medical technician today! I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all the people who helped me out on here over the last few months, the information provided was invaluable to say the least.
    I'm so happy to be going back to sea as there's very little work offshore these days for medics, this last year working for the NHS has been utterly miserable!
    For those who are going through the process right now (thinking 'FFS, how long will this take'?!!) this was my timeline:-

November 2015 - applied

June 2016 - sift

July 2016 - interview

August 2016 - provisional offer

January 2017 - start HMS Excellent

Right, I'd better get started on the paperwork then ................... :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nice one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thank you!

4. Well done and good luck. Forgot to add Scab lifter?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thanks mate! I know I've got a way to go yet with the SC and all the paperwork but I've got my ENG1, seaman's book and most of the vaccinations already. I had a quick check of my work rota and (if all goes according to plan!) I've only got 40 shifts to go, yes, I am sad I know lol!

6. Ha ha ha, scab lifter, classic!!! You've been hanging around Aussies haven't you?! No I'm not ex military just your bog standard paramedic with remote/offshore training!

7. exJenny

You'll soon be telling us we are all overweight, shouldn't smoke and need to cut down on the drinking....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. We can have that discussion when I'm sitting next to you at the bar, downing a pint and telling you I really AM (honestly!) going to start going to the gym - next year.......
    :)

9. RN name for medic, maybe not the official one.

10. Well 2 out of 3 isn't bad, now where are those cream cakes?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh I see, that's the slang for an Australian Army medic too! Better brush up on me Jack speak hey!

12. Actually I had a massive cherry Danish today for brekkie, it was lush. I hesitated for a second and thought hmmmm, BMI??? But then I just ignored it and carried on, no one needs that kind of negativity in their life!

13. Explain that to the doc when you do your medical hahaha

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. That really made me laugh ha ha ha!!!! My BMI is sitting at 27 atm, enough to get through ok but I still get a lecture. My current ENG1 has less than a year left on it so I think I'll have to get another one done for the RFA - sigh!

15. exJenny

Have you seen us lot???

16. My last ship was a multi national crew but most of the maritime crew were Russian, generally they were massively overweight, heavy drinkers and heavy smokers. Any health suggestions would have been met with a glare and a surly ''Nyet!" - best left well alone!

17. What I love is a lardy arse medic, who is over weight and unfit tell people they will need to lose weight, classic pot calling kettle black, it always makes me smile?

• Like Like x 2
  18. As you have not posted any pics, No I have not seen you lot? Is it scary?

19. Yes I hear you mate, I have always had to watch my weight and I know how hard it is to lose those extra pounds, especially as you get older. No lectures from me!

20. I know ExJ but I'm too scared to say :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1