Got my first interview

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by tonypeers5, May 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my first interview with a Lieu Comm today at 2pm. Any last minute advice from anyone?
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Don't give him a Dirty Sanchez... :headbang:
  3. Have more than one reason why you want to join; they're really big on that! I had an ACLO a few years back who pushed for more reasons than I actually had. I felt a bit of an idiot saying I wanted to serve my country but she quite liked that.

If it's an informal meeting you don't have much to worry about, they're not trying to scare you off.
  4. Dont sweat it (easy to say I know but harder to put into practice!)
    I had a notepad and pen with me to make notes, seemed to impress them that I haden taken the initiative. Try to inquire and ask questions (not obvious one's) my interviewer liked the fact I had a few pre prepared questions I was uncertain on.

To be honest once we got onto the subject of footy and Hull chances of promotion the minutes flew by and by the time I looked at my watch it had been well over an hour and it was time up lol
  5. Just remember, they want you to join. They are not trying to push you off, so relax a bit about it.

Just be inquisitive, ask what you may think are the stupidest questions. Ask if they can get you on any acquaints as well, that would show your interest.
  6. Passed with flying colours. Sending in my forms and then i'll get my AIB date. Cheers for the advice.
  7. well done :thumright: