Got it sorted

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by kingfisher, Oct 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got it sorted no need for advice

2. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

I think you should grin and treat it as experience -----

You only have her word that she was 'having a fling' wherever she was.
    So who you going to complain to!!

And ----------as the old saying goes 'whats good for Goose is good for Gander ' so start getting out a bit more .

:nemo: :nemo:

3. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

ive seen the texts and the phone bill so she is not lying

4. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

Matey, if you are looking at her texts and inspecting the phone bill, well then the relationship is already dead.
    The mobile phone, the modern method of control?

5. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

Personally I would bin her , you could never trust her again , well I couldn't , up to you though at the end of the day . :whdat: :whax: :whdat: :whax:

6. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

If she was going to leave you for a bloke after a week fling with him, well IMHO the relationship must be wearing pretty thin, at least from her side of it.

As to him staying in her cabin, well she is in the RN, and the RN frowns (or did when I was in) on that sort of thing, and as he will not fall under the NDA, it will be her who is in the brown and smelly stuff if you report it. And if she is still getting texts from him, has she told him in no uncertain terms that it is over?????

As a matter of interest, how old are the pair of You?

7. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

Mate, I think you already know the answer.

See her one last time, kick her back doors in, then kick her into touch.

Uncle Jimbo.
    RumRation Agony Uncle. :thumright:

8. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

kick her back doors in with out ringing the door bell first for sure.

If she's strayed once you will always have it on the back of your mind she may do it again.

Trust has gone

If i was in your shoes I'd get out of there.

As for complaining about it doubt there is anything you can do about it.

Time to take a ticket and shout Next!

I hope the best for you fella :D

9. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

Ask her if she has any oppo's that need seeing to, explain to her that it's only a fling you want.

10. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

Sounds like a good bite but going to add my 2pence worth;

* Looks like your relationship was over the minute the misses started looking up for future prospects. So, why are you wanting to carry on?

* You are checking her phone and her phone bills, no trust in the relationship, could you say from your heart you would ever trust her again?

* As for a civvy staying in her cabin; civvies who are not living/working on base i.e. Naafi staff, are not entitled to stay after 22:00 hrs, they are suppose to leave. If she has her own, single cabin, then she may have been slyenough to have him stay but considering she'd be living in a female block, I am pretty sure, someone would have seen and spoken up about having a stray male using their heads/showers etc.

* You can not complain to anyone about her actions, you are not married to her and the other person involved, is apparently a civvy. Now, if he was also serving and you were both married, then, yes, you can make a formal complaint as it goes against the RN rules ~(or so the dogs say).

So, matey, no offense when I say this;

Move on, get over her and learn a very valid lesson. Tough luck xx

11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

Where's Hig when you need him???

12. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

Well said and a good observation on the underlaying problems with modern communication. They are in my oppinion, the 21st cent. equivalent of a ring through the nose, and handcuffs. Mobil phones are a form of control in the hands of the stupid.

Try and work through it kingfisher, but, a lot of trust has been lost.

13. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

I'm very curious (sorry we are nosey up North) as to why she even told you. She must value her relationship with you to have told you I suppose. Some people are stupid like that and tell their partner to ease their guilt. She can easily stop this guy - just get another number. Suggest you try that and see what happens.

As for kicking in her back door - well her back door is your back door so where does that get you ... [pause] ... ah Jimmy just called to explain ... you dirty sods! :oops:

14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

From a naval point of view there is little that the RN can do; it is a domestic matter. If both parties were naval personnel, perhaps serving in the same unit, or perhaps one SR and one JR, then there may be a breach of the Social Codes of Conduct.

And as stated, you might have actually shot yourself in the foot from an evidential point of view, as you have unlawfully accessed her mobile phone records without her consent.

My only suggestion is that you talk to each other, or consult a relationship councellor.

15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Can I have her number? she's obviously a bit of a go-er.

16. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

Build a bridge son.
    Get over it.

17. Re: Advice needed RN girlfirlfriend strayed

Certainly not current affairs, except in a manner of speaking ;)

Welcome to DLs