Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gorgeous George is back

finknottle

Banned
George Galloway has said his surprise victory in the Bradford West by-election showed the "alienation" of voters from the main political parties.
The Respect Party politician said his win also reflected concerns about jobs and the economy - and was not just based on the support of Muslim voters.
Labour's Ed Miliband said the loss of the seat was "incredibly disappointing"

BBC News

Love him or hate him I can never forget the superb way that he turned the tables on the US Senators over Iraq and listening to his acceptance speech I find that I cannot disagree with anything that he said.

Acceptance speech link The Telegraph.

Rocket_Ron

Lantern Swinger
Gorgeous George is a self publicising cock.
And to think we now have to give him in the region of £100k pa.

trelawney126

War Hero
The mans a ********. No... Sorry That would be giving him a recommend.
he did look rather as described whilst wearing a pink leotard and acting as a cat in the Orwelian House.

The mans a ********. No... Sorry That would be giving him a recommend.
he did look rather as described whilst wearing a pink leotard and acting as a cat in the Orwelian House.
"giving him a recommend"?
That he's short, opinianated and offensive doesn't make him a ********.
He is, intellectually, light years away from that adjective

finknottle

Banned
I just wonder if any of you who seem to dislike George found anything in his acceptence speech that you disagree with?

Rocket_Ron

Lantern Swinger
And your reasons for thinking him a cock are?

Lets see, cuddling Gaddafi,
cuddling Saddam,
cuddling Hamas leaders,
cuddling convicted terrorists,
that Big Brother malarky.

If you judge a man by the friends he keeps, i think its fair to say GG is a cock.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I just wonder if any of you who seem to dislike George found anything in his acceptence speech that you disagree with?

Calling it the "Bradford Spring" and comparing it to the Middle East/North Africa uprisings is a tadge pretentious don't you think.

I see him as a vain publicity seeking buffoon who'll do anything for air time, whether he's intelligent or not.

finknottle

Banned
Yes he delivered it!

So you agree with what he said, you just don't like him?

I look forward with eager anticipation to him taking up his seat in the H of C; I have no doubt that he will provide some highly entertaining orating and berating.

As for being a buffoon I doubt that, he is a very clever shrewd politician who can deliver fantastic rousing speeches.

finknottle

Banned
Lets see, cuddling Gaddafi,
cuddling Saddam,
cuddling Hamas leaders,
cuddling convicted terrorists,
that Big Brother malarky.

If you judge a man by the friends he keeps, i think its fair to say GG is a cock.

As he said he met Saddam the same amount of times as Rumsfeld, the difference being that he was not there so sell him weapons.

flymo

War Hero
Calling it the "Bradford Spring" and comparing it to the Middle East/North Africa uprisings is a tadge pretentious don't you think.

I see him as a vain publicity seeking buffoon who'll do anything for air time, whether he's intelligent or not.

You mean the CIA were involved in Bradford as well ...?

trelawney126

War Hero
So you agree with what he said, you just don't like him?

I look forward with eager anticipation to him taking up his seat in the H of C; I have no doubt that he will provide some highly entertaining orating and berating.

As for being a buffoon I doubt that, he is a very clever shrewd politician who can deliver fantastic rousing speeches.

Finks, I neither agree or disagree with the prat. He is a born politician and as as such is no better than a benefit fraudster. Both are out to screw the system for their own benefit....only politicians openly lie to get what they want. I have found out that it pays to listen to ones own counsel

finknottle

Banned
I also distrust the vast majority of politicians, however to see this combative charismatic Scot who can devastate his opponents in an argument take up his place in the H of C should be a sight to behold.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm not a fan of Galloway (or any politico) if i'm honest but all due respect to the geezer, he made those yank Senators look like complete twats. He ran rings around them. That was a thing of beauty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rumrat Gorgeous sailors for Stirling Diamond Lil's 31
S gorgeous rn babes Diamond Lil's 0
S Gorgeous RN babes Diamond Lil's 61
MoD_RSS Sir George Norton starts role as Commandant at the Royal College of Defence Studies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS George Eustice speech on environmental recovery: 20 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed George Lucas as the Northern Ireland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir George Norton appointed as next Commandant of the Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary statement on the death of President George H W Bush MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD confirms death of Lance Corporal George Partridge MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Urgent appeal for family of Lancastrian Private George Wilson MoD News 0
BillyNoMates Able Seaman William George Wallis - HMS EDINBURGH 1942 History 6
Seadog George asks Zippy, "I'm funny how?" Diamond Lil's 1
Naval_Gazer Royal Marines officer awarded George Cross The Corps 12
L George atkins - captain royal navy History 3
Waspie By George I think He's got it! Current Affairs 4
sgtpepperband BBC News: "George Osborne orders new icebreaker for UK polar science" The Fleet 14
Joint_Force_Harrier LAEM George Mullen Nearest & Dearest 4
Handler George 'Sexton' Blake The Fleet Air Arm 2
D The banning of the george cross flag Diamond Lil's 45
F George Osbourne cries at Maggies funeral. The Gash Barge 15
MoD_RSS News story: George Medal for Royal Marines winchman MoD News 0
Waspie By George I think he's got it!!! Current Affairs 18
finknottle Two George Medals awarded Current Affairs 2
soleil Telegraph: "Andrew St George On Lessons From The Navy" The Fleet 17
Topstop George Michael`s sympathy for Italian Captain Diamond Lil's 2
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS Royal George, Nelson's Column and the Mary Rose History 0
brigham600 USS George W Bush Current Affairs 8
soleil St George's Day - Wasps V Bath - In Aid Of Military Charities - MoD Discount or Free! Sports and Adventure Training 1
marmalizer RFA Fort George: In Canada Dock, Liverpool. Awaiting disposal :( Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS RFA Fort George sets sail on final voyage Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS RFA Fort George arrives in Plymouth for the final time Current Affairs 0
FTOeire Boy George Blue Jokes 2
I George Bush Miscellaneous 0
Father_Famine George Bush in Hell Miscellaneous 0
soleil Navy News: "A Fortnight Of Flying From Fort George" RFA 0
soleil Birmingham Mail: "Matt Croucher Donates George Cross To IWM" RMR 11
S George Michael Diamond Lil's 26
scouse BBC Reporter onboard USS George Washington The Fleet Air Arm 3
WreckerL George Formby will be turning in his grave Diamond Lil's 9
N Battleships King George V, Prince of Wales, Duke of York History 44
scouse FLY Navy USS George Washington The Fleet Air Arm 6
(granny) RIP George. Nearest & Dearest 9
soleil "Royal Marine who won George Cross cheated death 6 times" The Corps 6