Gordon Really Wanmts To Hear From You

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Maxi_77, Feb 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found this on the No 10 website

Email Number 10

We have decided at this time that it is important to take another look at the Email Number 10 service to ensure that it meets the same high standards as the other content and communication measures that the website delivers.

Unfortunately, this means that we will be unable to replace the service as quickly as we had hoped, but we aim to have it up and running as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Is our PM in denial.
  2. He only wants to hear from the public because because non of his family sends him birthday or Christmas cards.
    I almost said 'friends' and family but of course he has no friends.

You can bet your life that he is fed up with the abuse and that is why it is down and for no other reason.
  3. One wonders just how many people it takes to support the service with a reasonable turnaround of responses and the associated staffwork overhead. Is that really a good use of taxpayers cash?
  4. The email service at No.10 has been down for some time. You can however write to the PM or telephone/fax his office. I have his contact details if anyone needs them.
  5. Wouldn't "contact" him with the proverbial bargepole. Might catch something nasty, like his version of fiscal prudence!

6. As he is my MP the possibility of needing to contact him does exist, though based on recent performance I would have difficulty believing any reply I got.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

But surely you'd contact him at your local Labour Party surgery, where he operates as your constituency MP, rather than Number 10, where he operates as the Prime Minister?

Parliamentary Office
    318 / 324 The High Street
    KY4 9QJ

01383 611 702
    01383 611 703
    0207 219 6345
    0207 219 5734

8. Quite so, I was merely poining out in that particular case that not every one has the luxury of being able to guarantee they will never have to contact him. Equally I could go and push dog crap through his letter box as his 'first' home is withng walking distance of mine if I felt enegetic (I dont usually though).
  9. If he is your MP

You can only write to your local MP not any others they have to respond to you. I used this to write to my MP about recognition for Wootton Bassett. I got a response and a follow up response.

Try it, it worked for me
  10. The fact I could contact him does not mean I want to and more to the point I do not believe I would actually get a reply that was worth the paper it was written on.
  11. Don't say I didn't try and help lol
  12. You can write to him here ONLY if you have the good/bad fortune to have him as your local MP. If not you need to contact him as below:

Letters to:

Rt Hon Gordon Brown MP
    Prime Minister
    10 Downing Street
    SW1A 2AA

Telephone (PM's Office): 020 7276 3000

Fax (PM's Office): 020 7925 0918

You should begin with the salutation: Dear Prime Minister
    And end with: Yours sincerely
  13. Of course since he is flogging of the PO he will be able to calim your missive was never recieved. I think the thing is that the No 10 e-mail system was just too easy for people to use, hence it's demise. E-Petetions take a bit more effort, but I suspect they will either become even more difficult to start or just fade away because it makes aspect of public opinion too obvious.