Gordon Brown's assault on the traditions of the monarchy.

buggerit84 said:
finknottle said:
If we were to get rid of that lot the new head of state would be elected by the people, much more in line with democracy don't you think?

I'm sorry, did I miss the point where Britain became a democracy that elects the head of Parliament?

If I may extract your head from your red ar$e, Gordon Brown wasn't elected so you're talking bollox!

We all know the only thing that works is enlightened dictatorship ;)

Gordon Brown is as elected a PM as any who have gone before him, Like then he was elected as a constituency MP, and then elected by his party as their leader. The fact he was going to be shoed in when Blair retired has been known since Blair first became PM, so every one who has voted Labour at recent elections has known that some day Brown would be PM. In fact we have had much more notice of his taking over than almost any other in my memory at least, if not much longer.

Of course that does not mean his is a good PM and I will have the greatest delight in casting my vote for whichever candidate has the best chance of defeating him at the next election.

TheRowan

Lantern Swinger
buggerit84 said:
finknottle said:
If we were to get rid of that lot the new head of state would be elected by the people, much more in line with democracy don't you think?

I'm sorry, did I miss the point where Britain became a democracy that elects the head of Parliament?

If I may extract your head from your red ar$e, Gordon Brown wasn't elected so you're talking bollox!

To be fair to the man, he was indeed elected... albeit only by the voters of Dunfermline East.

buggerit84 said:
finknottle said:

I would much rather have my head up my own arse than someone elses and please continue posting your commnents as they brighten up an otherwise dull day.

finknottle said:
buggerit84 said:
finknottle said:

I would much rather have my head up my own arse than someone elses and please continue posting your commnents as they brighten up an otherwise dull day.

My, some people are easily amused