Gordon Brown's assault on the traditions of the monarchy.

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
finknottle said:
Roberts says, The news that Gordon Brown has opened talks with Buckingham Palace over altering the 1701 Act of Settlement, which bars members of the Royal family from succeeding to the throne if they marry Roman Catholics, has profound implications for the long-term future of this country'.

He fails to explain in his opinion just what these implications might be? He then goes on to say it is not bigoted, well it is in my opinion when all it did was secure the future of the Germans Protestants on the throne.

Anyway you can expect nothing else from an article in the Torygraph and no doubt written by a right wing monarchist.

I didn't think it would be too long before we heard from the communist. :roll:
 
I am elated that I have not disappointed you and I have no recollection of ever being a member of the Communist Party or of being a Communist.

You right wingers do have some very bizarre ideas. :)
 

Dicky

Lantern Swinger
Re: Gordon Brown's assault on the traditions of the monarchy

Will all this constitution shite alter my sperm count ?? Signed>Worried of Milton Keynes......
 
rosinacarley said:
type42stoker said:
We've just raided Hotel Chocolate in Solihull, we have some very nice chocolate, white, milk and some with fruit in too.......when does Lent end? I'll save you some.

Easter Sunday sweetie!! And no dead flies please they are just wrong.

Then I shall save you some of the white champagne truffles. 8)
 
finknottle said:
Roberts says, The news that Gordon Brown has opened talks with Buckingham Palace over altering the 1701 Act of Settlement, which bars members of the Royal family from succeeding to the throne if they marry Roman Catholics, has profound implications for the long-term future of this country'.

He fails to explain in his opinion just what these implications might be? He then goes on to say it is not bigoted, well it is in my opinion when all it did was secure the future of the Germans Protestants on the throne.

Anyway you can expect nothing else from an article in the Torygraph and no doubt written by a right wing monarchist.

The implications are HRH Tony Bliar, and his missus Cherrie would be unable to take the throne, unless the rules are changed
Why be a president of the EU when you could be KING AND QUEEN of the UK

Jack McH
 
Roberts' interpretation of many historical events remains novel and intellectually stimulating, if not perhaps a little idealistic. But that's historians for you, unlike scientists who are infallible. If the Church can accomodate an adulterer as its titular head then in can accomodate a left footer, right hooker or the PO Stoker resplendant in his ovvies wielding a cutlass instead of the Rod with the Dove, a hand grenade to replace the Orb and a wheel spanner to replace the Sceptre. With Nutty as Prime Minister, Hig as Chancellor, SPB as Home Secretary, UA as Defence Secretary and Type 42 as Papa 42, next Pope,we can't go far wrong. Finknottle can be the next Chancellor of the Dutchy of Lancaster and GR as Foreign Secretary.

All this fuss over one person. What a waste of Parliamentary time. None of this fantasy can take place without the ratification of the Parliaments of the Commonwealth countries who retain The Sovereign as their Head of State, under the Statute of Westminster 1931. No spin or posturing can change that legal and geopolitical fact. Personally I want a Queen as our next Head of State, be they female or male! :razz:
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
So the argument is that rather than having Catholic Brits as our Monarchs, we'd much rather have Dutch or German (with a bit of Greek thrown in for good measure.) Protestants?

Hmm. Makes sense to me and some whinge about being ruled from Brussels.

Confused of Little England
 
Re: Gordon Brown's assault on the traditions of the monarchy

Or would you like a spaniard whose family are famous for making biscuits?
 
Re: Gordon Brown's assault on the traditions of the monarchy

sussex2 said:
Or would you like a spaniard whose family are famous for making biscuits?

But at least the Spanish Royal Family have a cute son. I mean c'mon Philippe is classic eye candy compared to Charles..... :lol:
 
The prime point of my Post was, if you'll forgive the cliche, why is the man wasting time and effort "re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic"? We've already demonstrated that the average Brit couldn't give a flying'. Alternatively, is this just the thing to wind up the Republicans, with hope of wider and deeper change, to divert attention from his home grown clusterf**k?

On the subject of having left footers as Boss fellah belong God, perhaps a lesson from the Geeks is worthwhile;

In April 1990 Baudouin 'abdicated' for a day, rather than sign a government bill liberalising the law on abortion. 'Does freedom of conscience apply to everyone except the King?' Baudouin asked with uncharacteristic public emotion in a letter to parliament.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituary-king-baudouin-i-of-the-belgians-1458724.html
 
Re: Gordon Brown's assault on the traditions of the monarchy

type42stoker said:
sussex2 said:
Or would you like a spaniard whose family are famous for making biscuits?

But at least the Spanish Royal Family have a cute son. I mean c'mon Philippe is classic eye candy compared to Charles..... :lol:

But the git went and let the side down and married a Lettuce :roll:
 
Re: Gordon Brown's assault on the traditions of the monarchy

'The prime point of my Post was, if you'll forgive the cliche, why is the man wasting time and effort "re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic"? We've already demonstrated that the average Brit couldn't give a flying'. Alternatively, is this just the thing to wind up the Republicans, with hope of wider and deeper change, to divert attention from his home grown clusterf**k? - unquote'

You have that about correct sir!
 

Latest Threads

Top