Gordon Brown takes on Moonlighting Job

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Jul 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well done Goggsy, unpaid as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'm sure his constituents will be delighted as they'll see even less of the miserable old git.
  3. I assume he is still trousering the sixty grand for being an absent member of parliament.
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Are there a minimum number of appearances in the house per year before questions are asked?
  5. I would hope not, as that would not be cricket for our duly elected members.
  6. Cricket is a game........as is politics,.... as percieved by said duly elected members.......they score points off each other.......while we wallow in apathy................
    and they wonder why !!! :banghead:
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1

7. Aye, what a pathetic nation of lethargic twats we are.
  8. =================================================

He has merely (and finally, given their rocky relationship) picked up his predecessor's mantra of 'Education, education, education...'*.

<<...In a statement, Brown said he hoped to emulate the successes of Kofi Annan and Bill Clinton, special UN envoys for Syria and Haiti.

"Ensuring that every child in the world has the opportunity to go to school and to learn is a longstanding passion of mine.

Education breaks the cycle of poverty and unlocks better health and better job prospects," he said...>>

Empire Builder/Missionary syndrome. :roll: Sadly he has forgotten that, much like charity, education should begin at home.

The UK's poor academic results, even those we hear of at RR regarding RT failures etc, indicate that such energies as he might have available are desperately needed within our own overcrowded shores.

*Tony Blair - YouTube
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Bob, it seems that no pollie has any interest in doing good works at home, the UK has become the milch cow of the world, paying out monies that we don't have, whilst our own struggle and get told that we are all in this together and there is no money to provide adequate care for the elderly amongst others.

The same goes for ' Human Rights ' it seems that they only apply to those born outside of the UK who are free to come into the Country and abuse the laws, safe in the knowledge that their chances of being deported are very slim.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Looking at the photo again, he appears to have lost a bit of weight..................now he has to pay for his own scran ! :hungry:
  11. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I would like to say that it was all the porridge he now eats, but his trial has not yet started! :)

12. Education should begin at home but he probably holds the same views as I and that is that we are so far down the slippery slope that there is no chance of recovery. When we go to our Granddaughters prize giving evening at school all the top students are not of these shores, these foreigners appreciate the value of a good education unlike our great swathes of indigenous dross. So why not do good work abroad as his efforts would be wasted here, we are fucked I tell you, well and truly fucked.
  13. Having been the Prime Minister of the UK obviously opens a few doors and impresses foreigners no end If they see Brown as the answer to the world's education problem one wonders what the question was.

14. Bloody English eh, and I suppose when they leave school they take all the top jobs, no wonder you dont like us.
  15. I reckon Finx is the reincarnation of Private Frazer.............'We're all dooooooomed'
  16. I am flummoxed, as I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?