Google Earth

Discussion in 'The Internet - Best and Worst' started by wet_blobby, Feb 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Just updated my google earth and being a sad [email protected] did the usual, looked at my house, where I grew up etc, but I've noticed a particular Naval base up north isn't all "fuzzy" anymore. The clouds must of moved.

2. How do you update??

The GOOGLE I recieve is about three years out of date. My old neighbour's car is still outside his house and he departed couple of years back

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

BP1UK: YOU don't update... unless you have a light aircraft that can take hundreds of high-definition photographs every minute, and access to the Google mainframe pooter... 8O :wink:

4. Open Google Earth, go to 'Help' then click 'Check for Updates Online'. One of the new features is the option to 'Switch to Sky' on the 'View' tab. This has nothing to do with Rupert Murdoch's TV company but gives you the virtual equivalent of a star globe or planetarium.

5. No updates it tells me!!

At least I now know where twinkle twinkle little star is!!

6. That will only check for updates of the actual program. The mapping is updated in a continual rolling process, so it may take some time before the view you are looking for is updated :)