Goodbye Dalriada and Scotia from the RNR

McGrew

Midshipman
SO - Salmond has made his statement on an independent Scotland:

It envisages a Scottish defence force increasing over ten years from 7,500 full-time members of the armed forces and 2,500 reserves to 15,000 regular personnel and 5,000 reserves, and also states that doing away with Trident would give an independent Scotland £500 million to spend on conventional weapons.

What a pickle there would be - kilts as the new uniform, no white ensign, and all sorts of bother.

I look forward to some lively debate interspersed with the ridiculousness of saying goodbye to Scotia and Dalriada.

G

guestm

SO - Salmond has made his statement on an independent Scotland:

It envisages a Scottish defence force increasing over ten years from 7,500 full-time members of the armed forces and 2,500 reserves to 15,000 regular personnel and 5,000 reserves, and also states that doing away with Trident would give an independent Scotland £500 million to spend on conventional weapons.

What a pickle there would be - kilts as the new uniform, no white ensign, and all sorts of bother.

I look forward to some lively debate interspersed with the ridiculousness of saying goodbye to Scotia and Dalriada.
£500 million? That's tiny. Woad and spears is all they'll get for that.

McGrew

Midshipman
I wonder if those RNRs that disagree with the independence thing can come on the books of Calliope as a cross border mercenary force?