Good routes for RNR GE Officer

Hello all,

I'm thrown my name into the hat for RNR General Entry Reserve Officer. Thought about it for a while, and having spent a few years enlisted in the British Army and then a bit of time working in defence research, I've decided that the tech and the toys of the RN are too good to miss out on. I'm in my thirties, unattached and would take any interesting routes possible should I ever pass officer selection and training. I have an interest in the direction that 3CDOX is taking, particularly how RM are turning things around, so I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience of working with 3CDOX from an RNR point of view. Passed my AACC and cracked a Norway, would do it again if necessary...!

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
I've heard of AW, Media and Int Officers working with them. In the past Logs officers did Norway, too, - but the officer cadre of the RNR is about to be closed,

Before we get too deep into this are you sure that RMR would not be better for you? Especially if you have AACC in your back pocket?

To be honest, I never mastered the Bootneck smirk despite being co-located with them for so long... RMR is great I'm sure, but not really what I'm after. My heart isn't set on AW in particular, but the idea of having a hand in getting a team together, planning and developing littoral manoeuvre and everything that goes with that has always done it for me. Not sure INT would happen for me. Wrong passport. Learned this the hard way during a few meetings at AW and DA Shrivenham.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Taiwan travel during coronavirus (COVID-19) - Information about available flights and routes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government invests £35 million to protect critical freight routes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government package to protect ferry freight routes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vital routes for supplies and people kept open through coronavirus support package MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £17 million government package to protect freight routes to Northern Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £17m government package to protect freight routes to Northern Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to suspend competition law to support Isle of Wight ferry routes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New government-funded cycling routes revealed across England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Highways England unveils favourite driving routes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New routes to justice: Richard Susskind and Susan Acland-Hood discuss reform of courts & tribunals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New routes to justice: Richard Susskind and Susan Acland-Hood discuss reform of courts & tribunals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Routes into Construction for Women MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl webinar: Grow your business through easy routes MoD News 0
J Routes please Health & Fitness 2
soleil Guardian: "Sea Survival And Bird Routes: The Varied Life Of A Naval Press Officer" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
joe_145 Run routes Health & Fitness 9
golden_rivet websites with cycling routes Sports and Adventure Training 3
N Strange Air Routes Diamond Lil's 8
D RNR - Covid Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
1 RNR Bounty (CofE) Rates for Project Firefly? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
F Switching RNR application to RFA RFA 11
M Thinking of joining RNR. Ex raf rigger Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
jsdoddy RNR - Work/Study/RNR Balance Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
S Merchant Navy to RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
A RNR Medic? General entry Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
S AIB fail - join RNR? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
M Joining the RNR with dry eye? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 10
U Rnr Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 0
U Summer Employment RNR Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
J Advice on joining the RN/RNR Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
A RNR - No medical experience Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Branch-Hopper The RNR are now in charge.... Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 10
M Merchant seafarer to RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
TuckerKlein HMS President RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
J WW1 RNR T Uniform Help History 10
P RMR To RNR Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
L RNR Intelligence - Marooned at Chicksands? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
M Newb RNR RCTs Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
N Joining RNR reserves before Navy-regular? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D RNR and RMR, oh, and whether its worth it! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 31
A Does RNR help a future RN career Joining the Royal Navy 5
W Looking to Join RNR but nearest establishment is rather far away Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
Rubicon RNR for full time seafarers Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
2 Medical delays/URNU/RNR Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
N Merch Navy Officer to RNR Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Joining RNR with mild Cataract Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S Thinking of joining the RNR but unsure Joining the Royal Navy 12
T Pass marks for RNR Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Trainer RNR Pay Rates Finance & Pensions 1
S RNR, RMR or URNU? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26