Good News Thread.

huwshpis

Lantern Swinger
I thought their reparations were the substantial land clearing work in London undertaken by H W Goering & Co's fly-by-night operation!

Only visited Germany once , '72 on Fife we pulled into Wilhemshaven for 4 days. Dockyard was absolutely spotless with patches of green and trees everywhere , dockyard maties in smart ovies and looking into some of the workshops they were busy working.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Only visited Germany once , '72 on Fife we pulled into Wilhemshaven for 4 days. Dockyard was absolutely spotless with patches of green and trees everywhere , dockyard maties in smart ovies and looking into some of the workshops they were busy working.
Culture shock for you? :p

Went to Wilhelmshaven too. All I remember about it is they gave every member of the ships company a bottle of rum. Which I still have incidentally.

barny006

Lantern Swinger
Back to the germans, in Germany if you put on Overalls you are looked on quite differently, in England you are a dirty oily oik ,and progressive governments have made mess of the Apprenticeship scheme, you can now be an apprentice Barista, and dont start me on about the scrapping of the Tiffy/Mechanician/Sultan. Rant over.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp The Gash Barge 277
A Miscellaneous 0
2_deck_dash Diamond Lil's 49