Good News for a Change

gypquitacorrie

Lantern Swinger
I agree, & I'll use the same analogy as I have before, if I chose to spend £250k on a supercar to be paid for over 21 years never in my wildest dreams would I expect the government to help put fuel in it's tank or a roof over it's head, why should it be any different with children? you make your choices & you pay for them!
Just a minor point but aside from VAT collected on fuel and theupkeep of your supercar, said car is unlikely to contribute to UK PLC anywherenear as much as the offspring of parents will when they eventually leaveeducation and start earning. However I do realize that the offspring are not guaranteedto contribute either. But on balance the chances are biased towards theParents/children than the supercar.

fishhead

War Hero
It is approximately 40 years since child allowance was introduced and the original intention seems to have been forgotten.For the benefit of those born since the 1970s it was into at a time when most wage earners were paid in cash and it was suspected that some spouses were withholding monies to from their wife to squander on alcohol,tobacco and gambling leaving little for the children's needs.The CA gave the women cash of their own.This was paid for by taking children out of the reckoning for income tax.No-one,at the time,foresaw the likelyhood of there being families getting huge numbers of kids just to get the CA that came with them.
Prior to CA people still had children and the polpulation wasn't threatened.There were large families,very often Catholics,but they knew damn well that any new mouths to feed would come out of the existing household budget as the government was not going to put their hands in their pocket to help.I am not nostalgic for those times but is seems the present day culture seems to have become very dependent on state support compared to then.

flymo

War Hero
Governments like children for several reasons ... the relevant reasons that I will mention here are that as soon as a child is born and registered the government creates a 75 year trust and takes a loan based on a sum of money and also children are required for the Ponzi scheme known as insurance - both private and National ..
The non relevant reasons here were mentioned in a previous post on another subject ...:angry5:

AAF

War Hero
Prior to CA people still had children and the polpulation wasn't threatened.There were large families,very often Catholics,but they knew damn well that any new mouths to feed would come out of the existing household budget as the government was not going to put their hands in their pocket to help.I am not nostalgic for those times but is seems the present day culture seems to have become very dependent on state support compared to then.
.......youngest of a family of 11, when dad died it was a struggle for mam and without family allowance she would have had to seek work to support us. Not until I was 7 and settled in school did she return to work.

angry_mac

War Hero
Some of the ***** on here! Children and the production of children funnily enough is vital to the future of this Country,in terms of future employees, employers and taxpayer. Therefore the government must make it attractive to keep on producing our future generation of workers,engineers,teachers,doctors etc.
Yes Child benefit must be capped, but it is vital for young families, the majority who do work, struggle and contribute in every way. Yes there is a sizeable minority who keeping spitting out kids for benefits, but they are a minority.
The majority of people in this country who cannot afford to have more children, stop having children. If we make having children very difficult for working class families, then they won't have any, and we then have to import our workforce, which us brings us to immigration. Oh btw a reduction in a future workforce, means an even more reduction in a future state pension. Lets see that return investment on a Lexus bear fruit.
Obviously FAAFLYNAVY has deeper issues, that he's not dealing with. Either no lead in the pencil, or so ******* pig ugly (that's 100% contraception btw) that even a purring Lexus can't make him succeed in finding someone to dip into his limited gene pool. Or that he's a bum bandit, which on seeing his branch isn't a wild stab in the dark.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
You're going to be on the naughty step Mac - this is CA.

Anyway, I have no children FROM CHOICE - 'cos I hate them! That doesn't make me a bum bandit, ugly (OK, maybe a wee bit!) or having no pencil lead.

Also, after watching all the news reports in colour, so they must be true, regarding the pension stuff (the original subject matter of this thread) My British wife and myself are now happy that we will not have to move back to the UK at any time soon to spend our hard earned and fully contributed to pensions.

frogman007

War Hero
You're going to be on the naughty step Mac - this is CA.

Anyway, I have no children FROM CHOICE - 'cos I hate them! That doesn't make me a bum bandit, ugly (OK, maybe a wee bit!) or having no pencil lead.

Also, after watching all the news reports in colour, so they must be true, regarding the pension stuff (the original subject matter of this thread) My British wife and myself are now happy that we will not have to move back to the UK at any time soon to spend our hard earned and fully contributed to pensions.

Me too. Little tw4ts get in your way down town and the moronic parents look at you for a smile as little Josh is perceived through their rose coloured contacts as cute. Do one Josh.

Equally Mac I'm a 7H when it comes to to lead and men are for drinking with and smashingto the ground on the rugby pitch. Chicks all the way for me.

Slightly more serious now. I believe it is an argument (quintessential dichotomy) that will never be won. I my opinion I don't believe parents should have an inherent right to a hand out each week because they CHOSE to have kids. Again for the record it is my opinion. Right or wrong.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Should there be a cap on the number of offspring that benefits are paid on, this may have the required result that those that knock them out for the handouts would stop when there was no more cash on offer.

As an aside, when Mrs janner decided that we would start breeding we got no child allowance for the first result and I believe it was £1.00p for the second, seeing this poor return I decided enough was enough.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Some people want kids, some don't.

Some kids are a pain in the arse, some are not.

Some parents have kids to get handouts, some don't.

Some parents are good, some are not.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the subject. However, this thread is about pensions. I can understand the thread drift but if you all want to talk about handouts, shit parents, rubbish kids etc, start a thread about it.

frogman007

War Hero
Some people want kids, some don't.

Some kids are a pain in the arse, some are not.

Some parents have kids to get handouts, some don't.

Some parents are good, some are not.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the subject. However, this thread is about pensions. I can understand the thread drift but if you all want to talk about handouts, shit parents, rubbish kids etc, start a thread about it.

Roger. My memory drifts between rooms in my house so maintaining one on here is impossible. Apologies.

Latest Threads