Good news :D :D :D

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by aidan-123, Jun 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have passed my RT Test!!!
    The CA said i had got one of the highest scores he has ever seen :D :D :D :D , i talked to him about CIS, and i wasnt quite sure, but he did say that i would be suitable for any job, as a rating,
    so im really just asking, can you guys give me some careers in the royal navy, that are interesting, and have good career prospects?
    Im not bothered about working on Ships or Boats,
    Thank you guys :)

:D

2. Congratulations, Well done.

For what my advice is worth :lol: Go for the branch which you feel will give you the most job satisfaction.

3. Aidan

You're welcome!

Well Done You! :D

You must have worked hard on your prep to do so well.

While you are waiting for everyone to pile in with their recommendations, have a dig around on the Explore Jobs page - just in case something catches your eye:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/explore-jobs/fleet/

4. I'd second Andy_Caps advice, go for the job that you think will give you the most out of it. Different people get different things out of thier jobs.

For me personally, I joined the WE world and I've enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. Nothing better than getting your hands on a bit of kit and breaking it during "routine maintenance" :D or jobbing off a lad to do work while you go for a cuppa

5. People have already said it, but only you know what you really want to do.

What I would say is base your choice on the job rather than the waiting time.

What things do you enjoy doing at the moment?? If you could choose any job in the world what would it be??

These are the sort of questions you need to ask yourself!!

SM

:)

6. Thanks for all the replys guys :D
    I have done quite alot of work for it, about 2 hours every night, after college ;)

The problem is im not quite sure what to do :?
    i know that i want to spend alot of time at sea, i wouldnt mind weapons engineering, or working in the warfare branch, i just cant decide :S
    And i have to tell my CA my branch choice in the next couple of days :?

It seems everything interests me ( apart from logistics - sorry if i offend anyone )

7. I thought that the ability to make lightning decisions, was a must for STC
    aspirants ?

8. sorry but i dont know what STC is mate :S

9. Splash Target Coxswain (STC) an elite branch of the RN. Used to be sideway entry only but is slowly making it's way into direct entry. Fittest of the fit, Smartest of the smart get chosen for the branch. But not everyone passes the training.

10. ohh cool thanks :)
    I wish i can put my finger on something :?
    But theres so many different careers that attract me :?

11. :lol:

12. See what you have done there ;)

Funny man ;) :D

Is SSM a good career??

13. cheers mate, are you still in service??

14. Negative, left 3 years ago and I was an ME before you ask

15. ahh, nice :) if you could start again, and go in as surface fleet, would you??

16. I do the same as I did last time. Couple of years surface fleet and then boats.

17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

No but rumour has it that he has been serviced on many an occasion :wink:

18. Aidan, I don't offer advice very often but France are losing 2-0 to Mexico :D

If you have the SLIGHTEST interest in technical stuff, (electrical, mechanical, etc), go down this route.

You'll be well trained, get major job satisfaction and still do all the other daft/enjoyable/difficult/horrible stuff that the other branches do.

I met many talented blokes from other branches to mine (WE) who wished they had gone for a technical branch when they joined "if only they had known"

As always, consult your AFCO

19. I know 2-0!!! France was poor tonight though,
    Ahh ok i will take that into mind :) im meeting with my CA tomorrow to talk about it :D