Good news bad news.

First the bad , received a letter from UofY pension trust in early March informing me that they had underpaid me for 5 years to the tune of £104 per month , after tax just under 5 grand into my current account.
As I was in a pretty low trough at the time...had not made my weekly trip to the pub for my 4 pints since end of Jan , what sort of damage could I do to myself with all that dosh floating around.
Now the good news , I have been a steely Stirl for once in my life and managed to block the voices urging me to blow it all on booze. Felt better last week to visit pub for a yarn with Paul the landlord , I have mentioned before he is ex mob, he was well chuffed to see me again and listen to the dit I have detailed here , 4 pints and out.
Life is good .....again.

I go to the pub every other Sunday to watch the MotoGP. Coincidentally I have 4 pints as well. I'm looking for a sponsor to fund these trips to the pub and wondered if, after your recent windfall, you would like to be that sponsor?

I go to the pub every other Sunday to watch the MotoGP. Coincidentally I have 4 pints as well. I'm looking for a sponsor to fund these trips to the pub and wondered if, after your recent windfall, you would like to be that sponsor?
Good idea taff as I am a fan of MotoGP , especially 46 , you would have to go halves on my train fare though.:)

Amusing bloke that Rossi, moans about hard riding youngsters using devious tactics.
Which is exactly what he has done throughout his career. All right for him but not for others? The mark of a fading star, he should have retired and gone car racing or rallying 2 years ago.

I used to cane it oh so many years ago. A turning point was the time I woke up
in my mess in Faslane Naval Base having smashed every bathroom mirror on
every floor with a bog brush the night before.
Thought it was time to slow it down a bit after that.
Been a careful imbiber ever since, with the inevitable fails along the way.
Keep it up. There's nowt worse than a Saga Lout.

Cheers Bill , what i would have spent on beer during my last breakdown in 2013 ....today I bought a Sam' Galaxy tablet A6 and have been playing with it muchly.

Yea but I do not look like Chuck Norris's much better looking younger brother.;)
Photo evidence please, I on the other hand am more like Mr Blobbies, over the hill older brother. Used to have a problem with drink then i left the navy all was well then I ended up in Barrow? Finished in Barrow OK ish again

I used to work on a few beers was a waste, if not having a skin fill not worth it, and those that wanted to have a meal and then go drinking?

Photo evidence please, I on the other hand am more like Mr Blobbies, over the hill older brother. Used to have a problem with drink then i left the navy all was well then I ended up in Barrow? Finished in Barrow OK ish again

I used to work on a few beers was a waste, if not having a skin fill not worth it, and those that wanted to have a meal and then go drinking?
Here you go Sumo.

https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/game-for-a-laff.108555/

#17.

Last edited: