Good news at last !!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Lamri, Jun 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Great news. Pleased that they climbed down on this one and didn't decide to continue saying no rather than admit they were wrong. Maybe some hope for some of them after all.

SF

2. wonderful news - I hope the gentleman can find a peaceful place to live - look at those medals!!!!!!

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Common sense finally prevails.

4. Great news and I wish him all the best.

I also hope all Gurkha get the recognition they deserve.

5. I just hope that the Government don't forget that the petition was to allow 2000 equally needy ex Gurkhas into the country. I bet that Blair/Brown will forget all about them.

6. What a bonus, good effort to all involved. Now all they've got to do is find his original VC. Probably in the Ossifers Mess with the silver.
    NZB

7. Why exactly did British officials, even for just one moment, consider that "he was unable to demonstrate strong enough British ties"? This man fought for Britain, risked his life for Britain, and was awarded by Britain it's highest recognition for gallantry. He deserves permenant leave to remain in Britain or to be granted British citizenship far more than any one of those illegal immigrants that have been sneaking their way into this country, and of which now some Liarbour party MPs and government officials are suggesting should receive an amnesty to stay here.

8. Ditto.

Why he was refused the first time was a joke!!! Yet we have crap still walking in the door!!

9. It's called civil service bureaucracy. Bureacrats are people trained to blindly follow the rules when in fact they should be acting in accordance with the spirit of the rules, but that takes common sense, initiative and courage, traits not encouraged in said bureacrats.

10. I can understand to a certain degree that some minor, inexperienced MOD employee made a bad call but with all these things there is a more experienced manager / supervisor stood behind to sign off on the recommendation. Someone needs to explain, apologise even, to Tul Bahadur Pun.

As for the whole Gurkha Pensions scam - don't get me started. I can't understand why they aren't entitled to the same as everyone else unless of course someone is suggesting their contribution is not as worthy?

SF

11. I reckon looking for the 'spirit' and seeing the common sense in things has long since departed.
    We now live in a 'Speed Camera' mentality; either right or wrong no grey areas.