Good Luck To Our Welbexians

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by soleil, Sep 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Welbeck's Autumn Term starts tomorrow, so I would like to wish Good Luck to Rum Ration's Welbeck applicants. I know of one myself, but there may be others - Good Luck to you all and have lots of fun there! x

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. What is welbeck?

3. GOOGLE is your friend try using it.:angry4:

• Like Like x 2
  4. It is a 6th form college especially for 6th Formers who are studying to be Engineer Officers in the Armed Forces.

Applicants who take the Naval option at Welbeck have to be AIBd like any other Officer, even though they are barely 16; it's very competitive and anyone who gets in has done extremely well.

Welbeck Defence Sixth Form College - The Opportunity of a Lifetime

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the advice mate don't get angry now ;-)

Ah cool thanks for that, good luck to them then, must be focused to know they want to follow that path at a young age.

6. Thank you! I know of another girl off RR who's starting today too. Got loads of useful info off here and came across some really helpful people when preparing for the AIB, so cheers. :)

7. My uncle was a Chef there in in about 1960, weird place no windows in the staff accom, lights on all the time, and a tunnel with a path down one side, tunnel big enough to get a car down, I think when it was built it was long enough for the mad lord to get to the local station without going out side. there was also a kiosk down there that sold papers and sweets, very important to a 4/5 year old and lots of conker trees in the grounds.

8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I don't know about its previous incarnation but its modern version is like a mini JSCSC*. Very nice.

*Joint Services Command and Staff College, for howfen_lad's benefit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spot on soleil - Welbeck Abbey was the place - I went there in the 70's (so I'm obviously a pongo AND old) when it was just Army. It closed and moved to its new location in 2005 and is now quad service. My son went there as a crab (soon to go to Cranwell having finished uni). The new place is brilliant. Good luck to all in 11 entry - make the most of the opportunity.

10. If i had known more about the navy as a kid and the Welbeck college i would have had a crack at it. Only thing is I got a B in math and you need an A to get in. I am very jealous of the Welbeck peeps. Good luck to them and I wish them a promising future.

11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

As opposed to your current Pepysian knowledge of naval matters?

It's maths on this side of the Atlantic.

12. NS, Seadog is picking on me... :((