Good day at the AFCO - Now have my Interview date.

Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

hi
well done mate!, If you got the score for AET you can pretty much do any trade I think.
hope this helps
ship_rat
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Ben_C said:
EDIT - New Question

the Marine Commando that was with us that I had passed. Good, but he also said I had passed high enough, and I quote 'To do whatever the **** I want'

Royals are great aren't they? Such eloquence! :thumright:

Ben_C said:
Erm, not too sure what that entitles me for, but I think that must be good.

So... If I passed high enough to become an AET - What other jobs would be open to me with that pass grade? I just want a clear view on what might be offered to me as he didn't really say and just told me to get my eyes tested.

Ta for any help.

/Ben

Well done Ben,

What my learned friend was trying to convey was that you scored high enough for all trades available at Rating Level, assuming you've got GCSE Maths & English (C or better) you can be, top of the shop, Communications Technician (24 months wait to join at present- but well worth it), if you've got 200 UCAS points & 5 GCSE's (inc Maths English & Science) you can be a Nurse.

To be honest, I'd advise you stick with AET if that was your first choice.

Good luck mate, feel free to PM any specific Q's.
 

aussiepint

War Hero
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

After having your wallet stolen, this is great news for you!

Congrats on your scores, and good luck Ben!
 

Ben_C

Lantern Swinger
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Aha, here dawns my problem once again I see.

So I have passed? Does that mean that I have the specific 'minerals' needed for the job. I.e. I have the qualifications needed, aptitude pass level etc.? As I DO NOT have a C in mathematics and this was my falling point in the RAF.

Please don't tell me I need one again. I tried 3 bloody times to get it and it just would not happen. :(


Ninja, I will PM you aswell matey as I need some advice on Finances.

Again, thank you all very much.

/Ben
 

Ben_C

Lantern Swinger
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Great, little more weight lifted off of my shoulders.

Eye test tomorrow!

I think I may keep updating this, could be fun andinsightful for new joiners anyway. I probably have more problems than most when it comes to joining the Navy so my experiences should put others at ease.


Again, thankyou!

/Ben
 

Ben_C

Lantern Swinger
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

EDIT

Passed my Eye Examination today. Seems my right eye is slightly weaker than my left which is nice. No glasses needed though! which is a plus.

Handed the paperwork into the AFCO and awaiting Interview date by Post.

Great news :D
 

Lost_Soul

Lantern Swinger
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Ben_C said:
EDIT

Passed my Eye Examination today. Seems my right eye is slightly weaker than my left which is nice. No glasses needed though! which is a plus.

Handed the paperwork into the AFCO and awaiting Interview date by Post.

Great news :D

Seems you at about the same stage as me mate, just i have done the interview but not the eye test, got that next Monday with medical on the Friday, so we might end up being at HMS Raleigh or on the RNAC together in the future ;)

Good luck with the interview mate
 

Ben_C

Lantern Swinger
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Lost_Soul said:
Ben_C said:
EDIT

Passed my Eye Examination today. Seems my right eye is slightly weaker than my left which is nice. No glasses needed though! which is a plus.

Handed the paperwork into the AFCO and awaiting Interview date by Post.

Great news :D

Seems you at about the same stage as me mate, just i have done the interview but not the eye test, got that next Monday with medical on the Friday, so we might end up being at HMS Raleigh or on the RNAC together in the future ;)

Good luck with the interview mate


They suggest that if all goes well it will be 3-4 months from here so quite possibly matey! Although I have to lay off the bacon sarnies for a few weeks before I'll be able to pass my fitness test.

What is the interview like? I've seen many posts saying its informal, formal, hard, easy etc. but nothing recent that would actually give me any confidence in going in and portraying a good image of myself.
 

Lost_Soul

Lantern Swinger
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Ben_C said:
They suggest that if all goes well it will be 3-4 months from here so quite possibly matey! Although I have to lay off the bacon sarnies for a few weeks before I'll be able to pass my fitness test.
Just build up your fitness now, go running, to the gym to practice running on a treadmill as some people find it more difficult/tedious, also you could ask at the AFCO for a fitness program

Ben_C said:
What is the interview like? I've seen many posts saying its informal, formal, hard, easy etc. but nothing recent that would actually give me any confidence in going in and portraying a good image of myself.

sent PM about my interview hope it helps
 

Ben_C

Lantern Swinger
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

UPDATE

Recieved a kind letter from the AFCO today telling me when my interview is.

28th of June 2007.

Now very nervous! Lets hope I can get this part under the belt also and push forward some more.

/Ben
 
Top