Good day at the AFCO - Now have my Interview date.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ben_C, Jun 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. THIS HAS BEEN EDITED FROM THE 1st TOPIC TO PREVENT ME CLOGGING UP THE FORUM WITH A NEW ONE

Hi, I have got my Aptitude test tomorrow and I have a problem.

They have requested all of my documents; passport, birth certificate, NI card, NH card etc. The problem is that I have had my wallet stolen with the following in, minus the passport.

I obviously cannot get through to the RNCO now as it is a Sunday and too late.

What should I do? Turn up tomorrow and explain or Ring them and ask whether its worth me coming in without the documents?

I know my NI number as it is on my payslips but NH number and Birth Certif. could be a problem.

Any help would be great.

/Ben

2. Re: Problem involving loss/theft of documents needed

Sorry to hear that Ben, its always worth turning up though.
    Might be an idea to PM Ninja_Stoker mate, he's a recruiter ;)

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Problem involving loss/theft of documents needed

Ben,

You'll be OK with a valid passport mate. Just explain what's happened & get duplicates of the rest when practical & let the AFCO take copies when they arrive. If you've a second form of ID in addition to your passport (bank statement confirming your name & address, for example) so much the better.

Good luck mate!

4. Re: Problem involving loss/theft of documents needed

You sure your not Mr Bean in disguse?!

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sorry to hear of your loss. If you reported the loss of your wallet to the Police a the time, the subsequent Crime Number can be used as a reference for replacing your duplicate documents from the authorities in due course.

Presumably you should the necessary documentation when you attended the initial stages of your recruitment, so I don't think there will be any major problems with verifying your identity. Don't worry about it, and when you mention it at your Aptitude, you'll be surprised how helpful the RN will be in getting replacement documents for you.

Keep us posted with updates, and good luck!

6. Re: Problem involving loss/theft of documents needed

Staple your Station Card to your head when your going ---ASHORE :thumright:

7. Re: Problem involving loss/theft of documents needed

Cheers for the... Pleasant replies :)

I think I'll go and explain. I have secondary forms of identification so I will take them along with me.

I have not reported it because I am not sure whether it was a theft or a loss. I have reported it to my bank etc.

3 years with the same wallet. £190 cash too. Doh!

Again, thanks.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Oh, he'll be surprised all right!

Personally I'd be amazed- we'd have every civvy who lost a wallet/handbag coming into the AFCO to get us doing their legwork for them if we started that game.

9. Re: Problem involving loss/theft of documents needed

I take it that means that the RNCO can help me source new documents then? :thumright:

Although I have found out how to get new documents already, so that won't be an issue.

Ta for now.

/Ben

10. Ninja_Stoker

Indeed they can Ben: Go to your local registry office & DSS.

There, sorted.

11. Re: Problem involving loss/theft of documents needed

Well Ben you just left them on the table and i really needed that 190 quid to buy myself racing stripes for the car. Selling your personal documents even paid for a pumping stereo!

No seriously i lost my birth certificate prior to my application, if you just go back to the office where it was issued and pay a couple of quid they give you a new one

12. Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

EDIT - New Question

Hi, just got back from the AFCO. What a brilliant day.

Not only did I manage to **** up at the beginning of the test, I managed to rectify it and still pass for an AET Position.

Next thing is, I was told, by the Marine Commando that was with us that I had passed. Good, but he also said I had passed high enough, and I quote 'To do whatever the **** I want'

Erm, not too sure what that entitles me for, but I think that must be good.

So... If I passed high enough to become an AET - What other jobs would be open to me with that pass grade? I just want a clear view on what might be offered to me as he didn't really say and just told me to get my eyes tested.

Ta for any help.

/Ben

13. Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

hi
    well done mate!, If you got the score for AET you can pretty much do any trade I think.
    hope this helps
    ship_rat

14. Ninja_Stoker

Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Royals are great aren't they? Such eloquence! :thumright:

Well done Ben,

What my learned friend was trying to convey was that you scored high enough for all trades available at Rating Level, assuming you've got GCSE Maths & English (C or better) you can be, top of the shop, Communications Technician (24 months wait to join at present- but well worth it), if you've got 200 UCAS points & 5 GCSE's (inc Maths English & Science) you can be a Nurse.

To be honest, I'd advise you stick with AET if that was your first choice.

Good luck mate, feel free to PM any specific Q's.

15. Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

After having your wallet stolen, this is great news for you!

Congrats on your scores, and good luck Ben!

16. Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Aha, here dawns my problem once again I see.

So I have passed? Does that mean that I have the specific 'minerals' needed for the job. I.e. I have the qualifications needed, aptitude pass level etc.? As I DO NOT have a C in mathematics and this was my falling point in the RAF.

Please don't tell me I need one again. I tried 3 bloody times to get it and it just would not happen. :(

Ninja, I will PM you aswell matey as I need some advice on Finances.

Again, thank you all very much.

/Ben

17. Ninja_Stoker

Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Ben, no GCSE's required for AET, you've passed. Chill.

18. Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Great, little more weight lifted off of my shoulders.

Eye test tomorrow!

I think I may keep updating this, could be fun andinsightful for new joiners anyway. I probably have more problems than most when it comes to joining the Navy so my experiences should put others at ease.

Again, thankyou!

/Ben

19. Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

EDIT

Passed my Eye Examination today. Seems my right eye is slightly weaker than my left which is nice. No glasses needed though! which is a plus.

Handed the paperwork into the AFCO and awaiting Interview date by Post.

Great news :D

20. Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

Seems you at about the same stage as me mate, just i have done the interview but not the eye test, got that next Monday with medical on the Friday, so we might end up being at HMS Raleigh or on the RNAC together in the future ;)

Good luck with the interview mate