Good day at the AFCO - Now have my Interview date.

Ben_C

Lantern Swinger
THIS HAS BEEN EDITED FROM THE 1st TOPIC TO PREVENT ME CLOGGING UP THE FORUM WITH A NEW ONE

Hi, I have got my Aptitude test tomorrow and I have a problem.

They have requested all of my documents; passport, birth certificate, NI card, NH card etc. The problem is that I have had my wallet stolen with the following in, minus the passport.

I obviously cannot get through to the RNCO now as it is a Sunday and too late.

What should I do? Turn up tomorrow and explain or Ring them and ask whether its worth me coming in without the documents?

I know my NI number as it is on my payslips but NH number and Birth Certif. could be a problem.

Any help would be great.

/Ben

Re: Problem involving loss/theft of documents needed

Sorry to hear that Ben, its always worth turning up though.
Might be an idea to PM Ninja_Stoker mate, he's a recruiter ;)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

Ben,

You'll be OK with a valid passport mate. Just explain what's happened & get duplicates of the rest when practical & let the AFCO take copies when they arrive. If you've a second form of ID in addition to your passport (bank statement confirming your name & address, for example) so much the better.

Good luck mate!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer

Sorry to hear of your loss. If you reported the loss of your wallet to the Police a the time, the subsequent Crime Number can be used as a reference for replacing your duplicate documents from the authorities in due course.

Presumably you should the necessary documentation when you attended the initial stages of your recruitment, so I don't think there will be any major problems with verifying your identity. Don't worry about it, and when you mention it at your Aptitude, you'll be surprised how helpful the RN will be in getting replacement documents for you.

Keep us posted with updates, and good luck!

moondog

War Hero

Staple your Station Card to your head when your going ---ASHORE :thumright:

Ben_C

Lantern Swinger

Cheers for the... Pleasant replies :)

I think I'll go and explain. I have secondary forms of identification so I will take them along with me.

I have not reported it because I am not sure whether it was a theft or a loss. I have reported it to my bank etc.

3 years with the same wallet. £190 cash too. Doh!

Again, thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

sgtpepperband said:
you'll be surprised how helpful the RN will be in getting replacement documents for you.

Oh, he'll be surprised all right!

Personally I'd be amazed- we'd have every civvy who lost a wallet/handbag coming into the AFCO to get us doing their legwork for them if we started that game.

Ben_C

Lantern Swinger

Ninja_Stoker said:
sgtpepperband said:
you'll be surprised how helpful the RN will be in getting replacement documents for you.

Oh, he'll be surprised all right!

Personally I'd be amazed- we'd have every civvy who lost a wallet/handbag coming into the AFCO to get us doing their legwork for them if we started that game.

I take it that means that the RNCO can help me source new documents then? :thumright:

Although I have found out how to get new documents already, so that won't be an issue.

Ta for now.

/Ben

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

Ben_C said:
I take it that means that the RNCO can help me source new documents then? :thumright:

Indeed they can Ben: Go to your local registry office & DSS.

There, sorted.

shotty13

Badgeman

Well Ben you just left them on the table and i really needed that 190 quid to buy myself racing stripes for the car. Selling your personal documents even paid for a pumping stereo!

No seriously i lost my birth certificate prior to my application, if you just go back to the office where it was issued and pay a couple of quid they give you a new one

Ben_C

Lantern Swinger
Re: Good day at the AFCO - Passed my Aptitude Test

EDIT - New Question

Hi, just got back from the AFCO. What a brilliant day.

Not only did I manage to **** up at the beginning of the test, I managed to rectify it and still pass for an AET Position.

Next thing is, I was told, by the Marine Commando that was with us that I had passed. Good, but he also said I had passed high enough, and I quote 'To do whatever the **** I want'

Erm, not too sure what that entitles me for, but I think that must be good.

So... If I passed high enough to become an AET - What other jobs would be open to me with that pass grade? I just want a clear view on what might be offered to me as he didn't really say and just told me to get my eyes tested.

Ta for any help.

/Ben

Latest Threads