Golden Hello

Does anyone know how to chase up the submariners golden hello? Someone mentioned speaking to my career manager, but I didn't even know I had one? Tried JPAC, but they don't have anything on their system. Passed BSQ Sept 9th 2011. Any advice would be appreciated!

Fleet_Sprog

Lantern Swinger
How about going to the UPO and asking? Who would have thought that the RN had branch specially designed to deal with pay queries? They may not be good but they are a hell of a lot more accountable than some internet forum.

When did you fill the paperwork out and have the writers sent it off?

Your career manager will have nothing to do with it, your onboard writers are the ones that sort out anything to do with pay.

It's a different section at JPAC that deal with bonuses, probably why there's no record of it having been received. My paperwork had to be faxed off 3 times before it was received, partly because the PO writer onboard my boat at the time was a complete tool and kept sending it to the wrong people. Best thing you can probably do is get a copy of your golden hello paperwork, that way you can check it's all correct and you can fax it off yourself.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
When did you fill the paperwork out and have the writers sent it off?

Your career manager will have nothing to do with it, your onboard writers are the ones that sort out anything to do with pay.

It's a different section at JPAC that deal with bonuses, probably why there's no record of it having been received. My paperwork had to be faxed off 3 times before it was received, partly because the PO writer onboard my boat at the time was a complete tool and kept sending it to the wrong people. Best thing you can probably do is get a copy of your golden hello paperwork, that way you can check it's all correct and you can fax it off yourself.
Hmmn, fascinating input from a financial expert, eh?

Gollum;680999I said:
Binned because of finances...

...was due to attend HMS Raleigh for basic training on 25th November, but the day after my pre-joining brief I had a phone call asking me to attend the office, to run through my finances....

To cut a long story short, my income on a yearly basis while at Raleigh would be £12500 (but only for 9 weeks) and my outgoings are just under £11000. Basically I was told that unless I could reduce my outgoings by £500 per month, I am seen as a financial liability by the MOD.

I am really really pissed off as you could imagine, because it seems I have just wasted a year of playing waiting games, when this should have been picked up by someone in the beginning.
Yep, always someone else's fault...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Richbomber Submariners 12
K Submariners 3
S Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1