Golden handshake

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Merlin28, Jul 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it true females from skimmers get 25k for going submariner? Or is this more naafi rumour making?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  2. Damn and buggeration!!!
  3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Graduate engineers pocketing £27k if I recall correctly. Desperation has not spread to ratings of either gender, yet.

4. I read the OP's post and thought the old St Vitus dance was kicking in again!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. :roll: Shame on thee, O Styx!

Merlin - Ye of little faith - Heed not the nay-sayer:

Believe, polish, embellish, and venture forth in all righteousness to spread the true word.

Verily I say unto you, being a healer thyself, that is surely thy calling.

PS I heard it was only £20K...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. soon, they will have to offer that to those already serving on SMs
    the amount of people you see these days, leaving or have their notice in, is quite alarming

if the powers at be want man power to stick around. need to reevaluate the requirements for a tiny sm fleet.
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

But those who are rubbish will be in for a great big surprise when they hand their notice in and it is gleefully accepted and no golden handcuffs are forthcoming.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. The writing was on the walls years ago, reduce fleet size, and then reduce manpower to a number that gives limited 5 watch and short shore time, mess about with branches and screw people over, then the flood gates will open.

The ********* at the top balancing the books and bean counting , will not notice until they cannot meet sea time manning requirements due to lack of trained personnel

SD is probably correct unless the mob get really desperate?

Edited It happened with redundancies back in the 90’s we saw how many Sonar Benders were leaving, did a few sums and wondered how they were going to fill the billets, bean counters happy, but ignorant to the fact that sonar benders and Bomber Nav Queens had the same branch titles, so they were left with loads of queens and no benders. They gapped billeted 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] bender on S Boats, benders became black watch. Open the flood gates.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  9. Yep - that's why I never got 2OE. Yet my number 3 who was a complete waste of oxygen (failed his Chief's Board 3 times!) not only stayed in, but as no Skipper wanted him on his boat, he took up a shore billet.

All allegedly of course.
  10. New a few inboard scrotes?

Yep and me, loads were offered 2OE, and it was obvious that drafty had a pile of drafts to give out, Sea drafts to replace redundancies, those that signed for 2OE seemed to be surprised when they had a sea draft in the return post? I once again politely told them where to put their extended service. I did apply for redundancy 3 wave but by then benders were not on the list?