Going to HMS Raleigh august 2014.

Discussion in 'RFA' started by cubworth, Feb 24, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am joining as a trainee deck rating and received my provisional offer last week. I am due to go to hms Raleigh on the 31st August and was wondering if there was anyone else on here joining then? :)

Also so I am only 20 is that really young for someone in the rfa?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. From what I can gather, 20 is young for RFA. I'm 26. Most people who I've come across in these forums are 30+.

RFA Comms Rating. Start date 20/04/2014

3. Hmm that's what I heard too. But I figured there must be some more young'uns amongst them. Will have to see when I get there haha

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

4. I am 16 and going to HMS Raleigh on the 31st August, going in as a marine engineer!

• Like Like x 1
  5. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Enjoy the Royal Navy.

6. Ill see you there mate. I had my provisional offer for SG2 through last week as well. Also starting at Raleigh on August 31st.. I'll be 25 then too. Jus gotta sort the medical and a hundred other things now.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Congrats Rob, Cubs & Bob .... whatever you will be doing!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hi all I'll be joining HMS Raleigh on 31st August as a trainee deck rating see you there

9. My son went to Raleigh a week before he was 17, he has 4 weeks left in basic training :)

10. Hi there my son will be joining you guys at HMS Raleigh on the 31/8/2014. He also going as a Marine Engineer and will be 16 years old as well. He doing his PRNC in Rosythe in June he did log on but used his own name so asked me to reply to this thread.

11. Chegz how has your son got on joining so young am intrigued as a typical Mum!!!

13. exJenny

You will have nothing to do with the RFA lads who started this thread in the RFA section of the forum. There is a separate RN Raleigh entry thread.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sorry not been on here, been busy! Will see you guys there. Getting a tad nervous about it now haha!

15. As someone who has gone through the whole waiting period (I got my offer for April Start in October) - Your nerves will soon subside. You've got a long 6 months ahead of you.

16. exJenny

A reaaaaaalllllly long 6 months. it'll drag and drag and drag...

just relax. You'll love it!

17. Thanks :) sure I'll be raring to go when it comes around! Just issues with my vaccinations are making it seem a lot more hectic than it really is I suppose.

18. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Today is 'HMS Raleigh day'. Lets celebrate the fine establishment that is HMS Raleigh.

19. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Happy HMS Raleigh day everyone

20. Well I'm 18 and going to raleigh 31st as a chef with RFA that's going to be pretty hard to beat I think ;)