Going on Holiday over leave

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by davie_rfc, Aug 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Me and my Girlfriend have recently booked a holiday to Bulgaria over summer leave. Will I have to phone HMS Raleigh and tell them? My class had a brief about what to do over summer leave etc. from the MAA but I was in sickbay at the time so I dont know who to tell if I do have to tell anyone.
  2. The number for the main gate is on your leave pass mate. I tried calling to let them know I was going away over Easter and they basically told me they didn't care, as long as they have a contact number. That's what I got though, so I'd still ring. Also, Bulgaria might be on that list of places you have to get clearance to go to. Half of Eastern Europe seems to be on that list.
  3. Cheers. Will give them a phone tomorrow. Any idea how to get a list of the countries we are allowed to visit with/without clearance?
  4. Remember that it is a requirement of your service to have a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Seeing as your a gers fan, you may find your on a few countries/cities banned list. Romania, Seville & Manchester spring to mind. Best to check before your stripsearched & anally examined, unless you enjoy that kind of thing.

Thats covered JJ when he renews his season ticket.
  6. Should have mine by Thursday.
  7. Call the gate, if you're leaving the EU then you might need to have a security brief. Are you in week 7 or week 6?
  8. Phoned up this morning. Said I was off abroad and the guy said ok then. Never asked where or anything. My DI took our Mobile Numbers etc. before we left.

I'll be heading into week 7 when I get back.
  9. Alright dude, should be okay then. Ouch RNFT & ADTO Kit Muster on return, should be alright though!