Going home from Raleigh for a weekend?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by kxvbac, Nov 14, 2017.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently in the application process, and if everything goes well, I hope to be joining the Navy sometime towards the end of next year.

However my brother will be getting married in October, which could possibly clash with my time at Raleigh.

Would there be any chance of going home on a Friday afternoon, after the work is finished, and returning Sunday afternoon?

Or is this totally forbidden in all cases?

Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Just getting some popcorn, standby for incoming :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The first serious answer.....no chance for the first 10 weeks.

Silliness may now commence :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

5. OK thanks.

I figured that was the general rule, and though I believe they make exceptions for seriously ill/dying family members, I did not know where that line was drawn.

6. Don't see marriage becoming dead or dying relations. Well not quiet that early in a relationship.
    But I do like your forward planning.

7. Is your brother dying to get married?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Guys! Little bit of humility, please. Has becoming men taught you nothing?

kxvbac - I'd consult with your AFCO on the situation surrounding such events. I'm convinced that in the event of a close family member passing, you'd be allowed to return home and begin Raleigh again after a certain waiting period. At least, I'd hope that this would be the way forward.

We are all human, right guys?

9. Its a wedding!!!!

10. Clearly my tone wasn't received as sarcastic. I'll work on that BUT - what about the cake!?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spot on. Work needed on sarcasm!!!!
    Insert in Notes on iPhone and please rehearse next attempt!!!!!!;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tbh depending on what week of training you’re on and what division you’re in there is a chance that they would let you off the weekend.

13. Never hurts to ask, (as long as you expect a negative reply).

Anything other than NO is therefor a bonus!!!!