Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going home from Raleigh for a weekend?

kxvbac

Midshipman
I'm currently in the application process, and if everything goes well, I hope to be joining the Navy sometime towards the end of next year.

However my brother will be getting married in October, which could possibly clash with my time at Raleigh.

Would there be any chance of going home on a Friday afternoon, after the work is finished, and returning Sunday afternoon?

Or is this totally forbidden in all cases?

Thanks.

kxvbac

Midshipman
The first serious answer.....no chance for the first 10 weeks.

Silliness may now commence :)

OK thanks.

I figured that was the general rule, and though I believe they make exceptions for seriously ill/dying family members, I did not know where that line was drawn.

Waspie

War Hero
OK thanks.

I figured that was the general rule, and though I believe they make exceptions for seriously ill/dying family members, I did not know where that line was drawn.
Don't see marriage becoming dead or dying relations. Well not quiet that early in a relationship.
But I do like your forward planning.

Subadubdub

Badgeman
Guys! Little bit of humility, please. Has becoming men taught you nothing?

kxvbac - I'd consult with your AFCO on the situation surrounding such events. I'm convinced that in the event of a close family member passing, you'd be allowed to return home and begin Raleigh again after a certain waiting period. At least, I'd hope that this would be the way forward.

We are all human, right guys?

Guys! Little bit of humility, please. Has becoming men taught you nothing?

kxvbac - I'd consult with your AFCO on the situation surrounding such events. I'm convinced that in the event of a close family member passing, you'd be allowed to return home and begin Raleigh again after a certain waiting period. At least, I'd hope that this would be the way forward.

We are all human, right guys?

Its a wedding!!!!

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
Tbh depending on what week of training you’re on and what division you’re in there is a chance that they would let you off the weekend.

Waspie

War Hero
Never hurts to ask, (as long as you expect a negative reply).

Anything other than NO is therefor a bonus!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Bell from American ship destroyed in Second World War going home MoD News 0
explodingcookie Going home Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
M Going home UPO/Careers Office 1
MoD_RSS CNC and Kent Police joint initiative going strong one month after launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Going faster on global ambition to tackle climate change ahead of COP26 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scotland’s tech sector going from strength to strength MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GFSL staff member going above and bee-yond at HMP Warren Hill MoD News 0
C Should I inform my afco about going to doctors? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS If you're going to the coast .... MoD News 0
Anchor Faced Going Regular Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 22
Sumo 94 and going strong Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Education Secretary: We're going on a discipline drive in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Unseen evil: Sex abuse in families going under the radar, say inspectorates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Going East: Midlands healthcare firms head for a global future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A UK-Ghana Partnership going Beyond Aid MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World going crackers for British cheese and wine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS If you’re going out to scare, know what to wear MoD News 0
D Going Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS Going the extra historical mile MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: 'Going global' in higher education MoD News 0
L Injuries while under going phase 2 Health & Fitness 7
K 21 Civvie to RN Air Crewman/Observer, going for NSRT - got a few concerns! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C Going to the dogs! Diamond Lil's 19
M Commissioned without going to AIB? Submariners 12
W Going From Merchant Navy Training To Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 3
TechFin Whats the age for going to BRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
S CPOs going from square rig to fore-and-aft rig History 5
sj25105815 Ex Army, joining Navy age 36, going comms tech! Got questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 201
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister meets poppy producing veterans going for gold MoD News 0
Knightsrum Communications Apprentice training Aug 2016 - Who's going? RFA 9
J Pilot: How are you streamed into fast jet or rotary when going through training? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Trainer NEM is not going down so well in certain quarters.... View from the UPO Finance & Pensions 61
L Going Outside - Joining the Merch Finance & Pensions 26
D Anyone else going to BRNC on the 25/7? RFA 0
E Education results going into the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Ageing_Gracefully Book Comp- At The Going Down of the Sun Competitions 17
P Anyone else going through the recruitment process losing interest? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
drewfester Royal Marine quizzed on going to fight ISIS whilst on leave Current Affairs 2
Gino RNZN Going Dry The Quarterdeck 30
Guski Anyone else going for TM Officer ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
B going to Raleigh 26th Oct? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R worth going submarines? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
W Going to sea... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
G Application going no further RFA 32
Dockyard Oyster New website for matelots going weekenders The Quarterdeck 28
Dockyard Oyster New website for matelots going weekenders Travel & The Great Outdoors 5
Dockyard Oyster New website for matelots going weekenders Motoring 1
andrew.davis910 Would going into the navy at 18 to be a chef be a decent job choice?? The Gash Barge 241
C Going to HMS Raleigh august 2014. RFA 25
K Type 1 Diabetes, with 10 years done. Whats going to happen to me? Health & Fitness 5