Going for my interview to join as a submariner.

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by rfcjonnya, Jul 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been told to look up the basic facts behind my job i.e the qualities and duty of a ET(WESM) and what my training entails. I was also told to look up the certain types of submarine which I could work on.

I have done all of the previous mentioned things and wondered if there is anything else I should look up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

WATP
    Jonny

2. Cheers soleil I knew you would come up with the goods. Another question though, I have looked everywhere for the contract informationi.e how long you sign on for initially and then future contract but cannot seem to find it anywhere. Any chance someone could post a link?

WATP
    Jonny

3. Minimum service
    From 1 November 2006, all Royal Navy/ Royal Marines Ratings and Other Ranks will join on a Full Career, which is for 18 years or to age 40, whichever is later. There may be opportunities to extend service beyond the Full Career, depending on the needs of the Service and your wishes.

If you want to leave the Royal Navy, you can submit 12 months' notice two and a half years after the end of your initial professional training. The exact length of this training period depends on the particular job you do and the level of training it requires.

Taken from the page at http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/how-to-join/the-ratings-package/

4. Good luck, I have my interview for joining as a submariner on the 10th of August.

When is yours?

5. Monday mate. Looking forward to it though not really nervous although it will be different on the day. Cheers pompeyexpat.

WATP
    Jonny