Global Warming

Sumo

War Hero
That is the argument the tobacco industry used for decades whilst all the medical researchers knew smoking caused lung cancer. 97%-plus of climate scientists believe in human caused climate change. All but two or three governments believe in climate change, ALL major scientific institutions believe in climate change.

Only the scientific ignorant, or wilfully trolling, don't.

Try "Skeptical science" for proper science based facts and arguments.

Please look carefully at their "Most Used Climate Myths" lists - which show up how ignorant most counter-arguments are.

And, or course, one could ask why the anti-climate change people have utterly failed for more than 25 years to do any science to demonstrate that the climate change scientists are wrong - 25 years of scientific failure would not any sensible person to think they had any arguments worth following.

Australia's heat and bushfires are signs of fundamental shifts in its climate

is the current heavy rain they are having also a side effect of the warming process?

Sumo

War Hero
That is the argument the tobacco industry used for decades whilst all the medical researchers knew smoking caused lung cancer. .
Slight miss quote
Some of the tobacco companies via their own research, new that smoking was armful, but chose to bury the info. the medical community was putting linkage together re-smoking and lung issues, it took about 50 years to get proof, and an insider whistle blower.
Showing that big money, it is hard to get them to back down from making money, every one knows that access to guns is dangerous, yanks keep proving it, but can guns be banned? the gun lobby is to powerful and rich.

So if coal, oil & and gas are causing so many problems, then you need to find viable no destructive alternatives, also guarantee when you do it will be the big oil money that moves into that sector, either to make their next money maker or close down the competition. Not a losing battle but a very difficult one.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
My piss is boiling!

There are a couple of really 'woke' vegans on the telly, telling us all to go vegan to 'SAVE THE PLANET' - which is (almost) great.

Except, they are using hobs and ovens - CO2 anyone? If they want to eat a 100% vegan lifestyle, shouldn't the food be raw? Can't use wood now - about to be outlawed in the UK.

Ooops, just hopped back in, now they are talking about sushi rolls - doesn't that mean dead fish?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Careful, skin cancer beckons with all that sunshine, as a fellow sundodger you know we're more susceptible!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Had some logs delivered today, loggy was saying how much it is going to cost to buy the gear to dry out the logs rather than letting them dry naturally in the barn, with no gas and the high cost of setting up oil systems this is going to increase the cost of living in a lot of rural areas where wages are poor.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
They're logging in my local woodland, like a lot of others I pick up the off cuts and small branches left over. Unless the police check out the smoke from my chimney I can't see how it can be enforced.

fishhead

War Hero
They're logging in my local woodland, like a lot of others I pick up the off cuts and small branches left over. Unless the police check out the smoke from my chimney I can't see how it can be enforced.
As I understand the proposal is to ban the SALE of wet logs etc. Those who scavenge for freebee offcuts should be OK.
The poor people of the countryside have been cited as being the most affected but having lived in the countryside(Naval service time excepted) all my life it is my opinion that life will carry on much the same and unhindered by any Goverment proposals.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
buffer01 Petitions 52
Oil_Slick Diamond Lil's 18
Bergen Diamond Lil's 2