Global Warming

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Hold up!! Do you know how many polar bears and snow leapords are now suffering, due to the manufacturing of that tin of ‘red death’?!
Quite frankly, I’m dumbfounded.
I’ll have to up my monthly donations.

Sumo

War Hero
So you don't believe in climate change because this meme tells you not to?

You could actually do a bit of research into Judith Curry and see that at no point does she state that Climate Change is a hoax.

Here are some quotes from her if you'd like:

"If all other things remain equal, it's clear that adding more carbon dioxide to the atmosphere will warm the planet,"

On what percentage human actions have on climate change - "It might be around 50 percent or even a little less. I mean this is what we don't know"

"Her message that day on Capitol Hill was, in essence, that while humans may be contributing to climate change, we simply don't know how the climate will behave in the coming decades, so there may be no point in trying to reduce emissions."
This of course plays well to a government that is looking to make money by reinvigorating the US's coal industry.

Stop spreading fake news, it makes you look like an idiot.

Here is a source for you as you were incapable of checking for one yourself :)

Nothing new there, daughter environmental science, son Geologist, both agree we have an effect, but nowhere near as destructive as the planet itself.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
So you don't believe in climate change because this meme tells you not to?

You could actually do a bit of research into Judith Curry and see that at no point does she state that Climate Change is a hoax.

Here are some quotes from her if you'd like:

"If all other things remain equal, it's clear that adding more carbon dioxide to the atmosphere will warm the planet,"

On what percentage human actions have on climate change - "It might be around 50 percent or even a little less. I mean this is what we don't know"

"Her message that day on Capitol Hill was, in essence, that while humans may be contributing to climate change, we simply don't know how the climate will behave in the coming decades, so there may be no point in trying to reduce emissions."
This of course plays well to a government that is looking to make money by reinvigorating the US's coal industry.

Stop spreading fake news, it makes you look like an idiot.

Here is a source for you as you were incapable of checking for one yourself :)

Annnnnd - whoosh!

My bold. Did YOU look at the meme before kicking off you knob?

It is about the manipulation of a child and the publicity garnered as against the life work of an eminent scientist.

And I do not believe all the histrionics from people about 'climate change'. I believe that the planet is merely going through another of the phases which it has gone through several times in the last few million years. So I'm pretty much with Judith Curry.

InstaDan

Lantern Swinger
Annnnnd - whoosh!

My bold. Did YOU look at the meme before kicking off you knob?

It is about the manipulation of a child and the publicity garnered as against the life work of an eminent scientist.

And I do not believe all the histrionics from people about 'climate change'. I believe that the planet is merely going through another of the phases which it has gone through several times in the last few million years. So I'm pretty much with Judith Curry.
Oh yeah, you're clearly worried about that child and how she's being manipulated, that's obviously why you are sharing pictures A) insinuating that someone has murdered her. B) Comparing her to Hitler. C) Comparing her to someone who's attributed to have claimed climate change is a hoax, who actually hasn't.

Get a grip mate, you just shared them because they back your anti science rhetoric (at the expense of a child with Aspergers).

Then you go on to say you don't believe in 'climate change' but you agree with Judith Curry.....who believes in climate change.

With logic like that it's no wonder certain generations have fucked the planet up so well.

Call me a knob all you want mate, but someone's got to let you know there are views outside this websites echo chamber.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Hold up!! Do you know how many polar bears and snow leapords are now suffering, due to the manufacturing of that tin of ‘red death’?!
Quite frankly, I’m dumbfounded.
I’ll have to up my monthly donations.
I thought the blue liners did for the leopords, their cousins, the leopards are on CSB and are fine ;)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Oh yeah, you're clearly worried about that child and how she's being manipulated, that's obviously why you are sharing pictures A) insinuating that someone has murdered her. B) Comparing her to Hitler. C) Comparing her to someone who's attributed to have claimed climate change is a hoax, who actually hasn't.

Get a grip mate, you just shared them because they back your anti science rhetoric (at the expense of a child with Aspergers).

Then you go on to say you don't believe in 'climate change' but you agree with Judith Curry.....who believes in climate change.

With logic like that it's no wonder certain generations have fucked the planet up so well.

Call me a knob all you want mate, but someone's got to let you know there are views outside this websites echo chamber.
You are Levers and I claim my £5.

Stirlin

War Hero
I think it is time for this
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

buffersduffer

Midshipman
No easy answer to global warming, what annoys me though is the hypocrisy of some environmentalists

Caroline Lucas MP and her son clock up stacks of air miles, and that gobshite Emma Thompson flew 1st class across the the pond to join a climate protest....

Worst is Paul McCartney, he’s been banging on for years about evil cattle killing us by giving off methane, yet this year he’s at Glastonbury, a dairy farm ! 200,000 people travel to Glastonbury, they don’t all walk there, a lot leave their sleeping bags and tents behind which aren’t recyclable.... and the stages are powered by Hinckley Point, a nuclear station.

Stirlin

War Hero
Before George Harrison died he Ringo and McCartney had a get together , George and Ringo arrived before Mac
and were having some banter , in walks Mac wearing a very expensive leather overcoat
'' Is that vegetable leather then ?'' asks Ringo.
It was filmed but I can't be arsed to look for it.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Well, in deference to 'the believers' I find this absolutely mind boggling:

Council Sets Target Of Carbon Neutral Glasgow by 2030 - Glasgow City Council
Glasgow has been set a target of becoming a carbon neutral city by 2030 following a decision of the council's City Administration Committee.
www.glasgow.gov.uk

Have Glasgow City Council ever been to Glasgow? Oh.....

So that will be no more blue trains in and out of the city, no more buses in and out of the city etc.

Maybe they could ask Faslane for some spare nuclear generated power from one of the alongside boats.... Then again, maybe not!

Also, the place is (eventually) surrounded by fields full of (farting) cows and sheep - what is going to happen to all that food?

fishhead

War Hero
According to the Glasgow city counselor the BBC interviewed it is more like an aspiration rather than a definitely will happen. Glasgow is hosting the 2020 world talks on climate change later this year and I think they're looking for bragging rights in front of the delegates.
The farting coos are going nowhere just yet. ;)

Stirlin

War Hero
According to the Glasgow city counselor the BBC interviewed it is more like an aspiration rather than a definitely will happen. Glasgow is hosting the 2020 world talks on climate change later this year and I think they're looking for bragging rights in front of the delegates.
The farting coos are going nowhere just yet. ;)
Neither is the cost of policing this event.
-

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
buffer01 Petitions 52
Oil_Slick Diamond Lil's 18
Bergen Diamond Lil's 2