Global warming/ "Green" Car Tax

Brightspark, you are starting to get on my t1ts now. It is the wooly minded tree hugging faggots like you that are part of the dreaded UK PC culture. If this is/was a bite, yep, I've just bitten! I have had a 4x4 for donkey's years. I needed the space and versatility of such a vehicle for a variety of reasons. I now have a Defender 90. It is noisy, agricultural and does about 30mpg. But it also does what it says on the box. OK I live in Spain now, but I am 1km down an unmade track, much the same as many in the UK.

Freedom of choice. I also FIRMLY believe from reading and research that much of what is being touted as 'Global Warming' is just a ntural phase of the planet. Yes, I do know there is a large hole over Oz. But the dinousaurs (or however you spell it) were not killed off by 4x4 driving neanderthals.

Stop writing poison pen e-mails!

I do not respond well to peer pressure, so may not respond to any reply you post!!!

I watched a programme the other night and there was an 'expert' who, when asked about exhaust emissions, said:
"If you are asking if it is car exhaust that is poluting the atmosphere, I would say probably - If you are asking would I put money on the problems being car exhaust, I definately wouldn't"

brightspark said:
Forget Global Warming and Climate Change for a minute.

There are plenty of reasons why driving around in 4x4s should be out lawed.

1. They weigh typically 3 ton and if hit by one you have no chance of survival.

2. They do between 12.1 miles per gallon to 25 miles per gallon so cost up to 5 times as much in fuel costs

3. They are higher and wider than other vehicles and cause restricted vision to other road users.

4 The population of earth doubled from 3 billion to 6 billion from 1960 to the year 2000, so you have more people driving larger and larger cars which demands more fuel from the earths resources.

5. they take up more room in car parking spaces and on streets and add to traffic jams.
Traffic Jams means prolonged use of the engine and inreasing fuel costs further, which is worse in 4x4s

6. The fumes they produce reduce air quality and the children you claim to love are affected by it in increases in childhood asthma.

The point is, why do people need them?

You are no better off for spending a fortune in fuel?

That money would be better saved and spent on paying off your mortgages or helping the starving in the third world countries, rather than burning it in smoke.

Trust me, you are not better people for driving those things.

Peole buy them to get noticed, however that doesn't work anymore, because there are that many of them and they are an eyesore.

4x4s were originally produced to transport munitions during the war, or are useful in Mountain rescues or for the Coastguards.

The general public do not need them, they are a disgrace being used for leisure and are not being used for what they are intended for.
Typical - I haven't got a clue what I am talking about BS but heard someone else say so, so it must be true, posting.

If you are going to talk crap like that then you MUST include transit vans, taxis, buses and lorries and anything else that is larger than a mini.

Charzlo said:
hmm not sure perhaps this tax increase will encourage those who use their cars for what could be a 5 minute walk to get off thier a*ses and do it the cheaper healthier way!!

But that's just my opinion :D
Perhaps I'm missing something in the punctuation here; but if you own a car, you get taxed to have it on the road. That tax is the same if you drive it 500 yards as it is if you regularly drive it 500 miles. I won’t pursue that, though, as it supports the tax on fuel argument and, as my aeroplane runs on ULGAS, I don’t want to pay even more “road tax†on a non-road machine!

Apart from finding the whole car/donk/transmission size banding specious, what particularly annoys me is the underhand way it has been backdated. Not very pleasant to be told you should have chosen differently after you’ve already chosen! Now try and sell your choice for something in a lower Tax band and see how much you get offered for it.

I have never in my life detested a Government more than I do this one!

Passed-over-Loggie said:
I have never in my life detested a Government more than I do this one!
I have never so much agreed with anyone in my life. I am so glad I am not the only one able to see the light.

I'd go so far as to vote in the 'Muslim Council' if I thought that was the only way to get rid of the biggest load of shite this country has ever known.

Suggest the 4X4 drivers all get Discovery's --the 300tdi or 200 tdi

Spares are as cheap as chips -loads of add ons available

If your worried about keeping up with the ''jones 's'' do Like I did get a
private registration number----stuff the opposition

And its £185 per year to tax.
MPG approximately 30 diesel and if you really want to play it can burn
cooking oil !!

Also have a Mk 5 Transit 2.5 tdi smiley front am getting 38 mpg
Road tax £185

Insurance is cheap aswell !!

As for fuel taxes -------well Diesel is supposed to be ''greener'' than unleaded but its taxed higher-- :roll: :roll:

The quicker Brown and his cronies are voted out the better.

Does this sound high to anyone

I went for a walk down a country road taking me 22 minutes over a distance of 1.5 miles.
The amount of cars, lorries and vans that passed me were 103 and out of this total 24 were 4x4s!

I heard it said that the Isle of Man has the highest total of these cars per head per population compared to the rest of the UK.

a few things people should know about global warming..

1 Even Nobel Prize winners say it is not man made- The Oregon petition
2 Global temperatures have fallen this past decade.
3 Many MPs own share in wind farm companies and stand to make a fortune.
4 when the ice melted after the ice age... how many cars were on the road then?
5 ice caps melt due to axial tilt... ie. the poles movin closer to the sun.

Here is an interview with the only elected politician in UK who is not scared to go against the governments prized global warming theory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX7_ISKQs-o

W

white_mafia

geordie_dan said:

Here is an interview with the only elected politician in UK who is not scared to go against the governments prized global warming theory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX7_ISKQs-o
FFS Dan, you really don't give up do you. You soon stand to hold the record of getting up people's noses on 2 separate forums on the same night. Your tireless pushing of Griffin and his henchmen is commendable but ill-advised.

I am sure Blackrat is busy dreaming up some type of 'lifetime achievers' award for you - and in one so young.

geordie_dan said:

Here is an interview with the only elected politician in UK who is not scared to go against the governments prized global warming theory:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX7_ISKQs-o

Probably because he doesn't know what the fcuk he's on about

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Current Affairs 85
Oil_Slick Diamond Lil's 18
Bergen Diamond Lil's 2