Glasses/Eyesisght?

waveyourflag

Badgeman
im only slightly short sighted, i only need glasses when maybe reading a board at the back of the class or possibly watching TV from a distance, will i need to constantly wear them in the RN, or could i just carry them around in my pocket and use 'em if i need too
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
Unless they're welded to your head, we'd advise you to wear them when maybe reading a board at the back of the class or possibly watching TV from a distance
 

Rumrat

War Hero
Ninja_Stoker said:
Unless they're welded to your head, we'd advise you to wear them when maybe reading a board at the back of the class or possibly watching TV from a distance

Does it have to be a board?, or is he allowed to read posters as well?
Its a bit shortsighted not to include them. :oops: :roll:
 

JonnoJonno

Banned
Ninja_Stoker said:
Unless they're welded to your head, we'd advise you to wear them when maybe reading a board at the back of the class or possibly watching TV from a distance
Is blinking allowed? I go completely blind about every 10 seconds, then my vision quickly returns. Is this a problem?
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
Sorry, wasn't aware the individual wanted to read posters too.

In this case we'd probably insist the individual wore spectacles in accordance with dress regulations and whenever the need to squint occurred.
 

Rumrat

War Hero
Ninja_Stoker said:
Sorry, wasn't aware the individual wanted to read posters too.

In this case we'd probably insist the individual wore spectacles in accordance with dress regulations and whenever the need to squint occured.
Thanks Ninja, its good to see "care in the community" hasn't fell to the "cuts" :D :D .
 

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
JonnoJonno said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
Unless they're welded to your head, we'd advise you to wear them when maybe reading a board at the back of the class or possibly watching TV from a distance
Is blinking allowed? I go completely blind about every 10 seconds, then my vision quickly returns. Is this a problem?
10 seconds 8O That's not a blink, that's getting your head down you tired [email protected] :wink:
 

Clay

Badgeman
When I blink, I blink fast. I hardly ever blink. Miss too much of life.

I do have a question though. I wear glasses, what's the current frame fashion in the Navy as I'm soon going to be getting a new pair and when I finally get in I want to look "Fly" to gain my peers' respect.
 

Hedgeporker

Lantern Swinger
Anyone got a picture of the MOD issue ones?

I remember seeing them in an old 1960's photo and they look a bit like Joe 90 glasses. Cracking.
 

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I remember the MOD issue glasses for wearing with an AGR. Round lenses with flexible metal arms..real kiddly fiddler specials.
 
WreckerL said:
I remember the MOD issue glasses for wearing with an AGR. Round lenses with flexible metal arms..real kiddly fiddler specials.
Is that "kiddy fiddler" or "kiddly fidder" there is a distinct difference you know :)
 

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
v8topcat said:
WreckerL said:
I remember the MOD issue glasses for wearing with an AGR. Round lenses with flexible metal arms..real kiddly fiddler specials.
Is that "kiddy fiddler" or "kiddly fidder" there is a distinct difference you know :)
Had a bloke on a boat who wore them at sea so we called him the kiddly fiddler to soften the blow :wink:
 
Top