Glasgow - the whole story

Redsailor

Lantern Swinger
If you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research.
---WILSON MIZNER, attributed
AMERICAN HERITAGE DICTIONARY OF AMERICAN QUOTATIONS (1997)

Maybe it's not Mizner. Maybe he stole it?

Bottom Gun

Ramius135

Midshipman
Lay-Dean said:
Since the bitch-fight seems to over, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed the original (Oops sorry, I mean unoriginal) dit posted by Junglie. I didn't see him claim responsibility for it (the dit, not Glasgow), and who gives a shit anyway? If he hadn't posted it, I probably wouldn't have seen it and it wouldn't have brightened up my otherwise dull Friday evening. Good effort mate! :thumright:

Totally agree LD. Im not sure if this started in current affairs or not. Personally I don't give a toss who wrote it or posted it. Both ditties brought a grin to the face. Thanks to whoever wrote it and thanks to whoever posted it. :thumright:

hobbit

War Hero
Ramius135 said:
Lay-Dean said:
Since the bitch-fight seems to over, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed the original (Oops sorry, I mean unoriginal) dit posted by Junglie. I didn't see him claim responsibility for it (the dit, not Glasgow), and who gives a shit anyway? If he hadn't posted it, I probably wouldn't have seen it and it wouldn't have brightened up my otherwise dull Friday evening. Good effort mate! :thumright:

Totally agree LD. Im not sure if this started in current affairs or not. Personally I don't give a toss who wrote it or posted it. Both ditties brought a grin to the face. Thanks to whoever wrote it and thanks to whoever posted it. :thumright:

Common sense prevails ( sigh of relief )

How do we know it's plagiarism?

Who here is known by their 'real' name? How do you know it was that person who wrote it originally?

Hang on......why the f*ck do I care?

It was a gag, a joke, who gives a flying one if it's copied?

hobbit

War Hero
Trooped_Again said:

Who here is known by their 'real' name? How do you know it was that person who wrote it originally?

Absokcufignlutely TA

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

UncleAlbert

War Hero

Good question …the answer is we know usually because we know the writer…….the regulars here know I wrote that silly poem as it`s in my style…….On the other hand that poem posted by Hobbit was very good ..clever and witty …not like him at all , so the regulars here knew he didn’t write it …….
Same as the brilliant leading article by Iowahawk which was taken from his Blogg and ended up in the Daily Mail……yet as credits were not given a lot of lurkers here might have thought Junglie had written it …in fact if you Google a couple of lines it will point back to this forum and this thread and with no acknowledgement of the author a lot will assume junglie wrote it.……and that is fundamentally wrong………people should not receive praise for just cutting and pasting… Of course on the other hand it can backfire……..On another forum not far from here someone posted a dit that was clever and witty and as we all thought original ……the credits mounted up and before long 20 or so people came in and congratulated him on a brilliant piece of writing…… later he cracked up and admitted it was plagiarism…..
Only once to my knowledge has someone taken a dit I wrote and reproduced it on another forum….. but when I saw the credits he received I chose to ignore it….

To say no one cares where a dit comes from is not true…the writer cares….and I hope Slim and the rest of the Old Guard will carry on condemning plagiarism whenever it occurs……

…….

ps Stee.
Can`t complain to Bad CO ………I`ve got him on “Ignore this userâ€

…

stirling2

Banned
Trooped_Again said:

ME....

:violent3:

Plagiarism, I must be more guilty than anyone, everything i have said on here are tales that i have heard, from my Grandads and Fathers tales as a child, to bits i have read and stored in the back of my feeble brain, to books so deep and serious, the problem is i have trouble remembering who wrote or said what, i have invented one or two things ( the French Bird is not included), generally a change of others, so that makes me a bad boy.

Now where have i heard that before?
thinking-023.GIF

stirling said:
Trooped_Again said:

ME....

:violent3:

Me? You care or you are known by your 'real' name?