Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glasgow - the whole story

Yes indeed , plagiarism is wide spread and should be treated accordingly particularly in academic areas or professional fields . My response was to what I consider an inappropriate comment on a hardly professional presentation made on a light-hearted site and not the academic arena . I understand there are sites selling ' papers ' to students unable or unwilling to do the foot-work .

:thumright:

hobbit

War Hero
Always_a_Civvy said:
hobbit said:
I suspect it is thee that misses the point old fruit and once again believing I was on a site used by adults I did not consider what I presented as an academic master piece therefore presented it in that vein . I repeat without your lengthy experience of the web a little mistake can surely be tolerated although I still hardly believe there will be any concern over what I did apart from petty nit pickers like yourself . I bet your friends never suffer with constipation little man . Oh , and piss off yet again.

Oooooooo Nooooooooooooooo!

PS: What's an adult Hobbit? :confused: :biggrin: I've NEVER been one of those! o_O
Adult
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article or section may require restructuring to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page. This article has been tagged since March 2007.

For the 'adult' insect stage, see Imago. For the electro-techno band, see ADULT..

The term adult describes any mature organism, but normally it refers to a human: one that is no longer a child / minor and is now either a man or a woman. Adulthood can be defined in terms of biology, law, personal character, or social status. These different aspects of adulthood are often inconsistent and contradictory. A person may be biologically an adult, and have adult behavioral characteristics but still be treated as a child if they are under the legal age of majority. Conversely one may legally be an adult but possess none of the maturity and responsibility that define adult character.

hobbit said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
hobbit said:
I suspect it is thee that misses the point old fruit and once again believing I was on a site used by adults I did not consider what I presented as an academic master piece therefore presented it in that vein . I repeat without your lengthy experience of the web a little mistake can surely be tolerated although I still hardly believe there will be any concern over what I did apart from petty nit pickers like yourself . I bet your friends never suffer with constipation little man . Oh , and piss off yet again.

PS: What's an adult Hobbit? :confused: :biggrin: I've NEVER been one of those! o_O
Adult
This article or section may require restructuring to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page. This article has been tagged since March 2007.

For the 'adult' insect stage, see Imago. For the electro-techno band, see ADULT..

The term adult describes any mature organism, but normally it refers to a human: one that is no longer a child / minor and is now either a man or a woman. Adulthood can be defined in terms of biology, law, personal character, or social status. These different aspects of adulthood are often inconsistent and contradictory. A person may be biologically an adult, and have adult behavioral characteristics but still be treated as a child if they are under the legal age of majority. Conversely one may legally be an adult but possess none of the maturity and responsibility that define adult character.

That confirms what I suspected. RR isn't an adult site. Stand Fast Juniors! :laughing8: Slim excepted, of course :)

hobbit

War Hero
Always_a_Civvy said:
hobbit said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
hobbit said:

Adult

That confirms what I suspected. RR isn't an adult site. Stand Fast Juniors! :laughing8: Slim excepted, of course :)

Of course ( quote aac )

hobbit

War Hero
[align=center]Sleep[/align]

:English Proverb Sayings of British Origin
Quote: Six hours for a man, seven for a woman, and eight for a fool.
Author

Goodnight Slim I'm off to bed for my six hours sleep enjoy your eight hours tonight

hobbit said:
[align=center]Sleep[/align]

:English Proverb Sayings of British Origin
Quote: Six hours for a man, seven for a woman, and eight for a fool.
Author

Goodnight Slim I'm off to bed for my six hours sleep enjoy your eight hours tonight

I average 3-4 hours a night (due to chronic pain). Does that make me Superman? :lol:

Junglie said:
Ever have "one of those days?" Sure, all of us go through the occasional rough patch, but I swear there are times when I think Allah must really have it in for me. I mean, I know the "Big Guy" is supposed to have a sense of humour, but do I always have to be the punch line?

Take for example this last week. A few mates and I had been planning a big martyrdom weekend for quite a while; it's something we first began discussing a few years ago in medical school back in Amman. We were sitting around the dorm eating pizza, cramming for a big anatomy final, when Ali said "you know, after graduation, we should get together for something really big." We talked about a fishing trip to Canada or something, but most of the guys thought that sounded pretty boring. Abdul suggested a golf weekend in Cancun, but the all-inclusive there can get pretty pricey in-season. Hassan (who's really into motorcycles) suggested renting Harleys and going to Sturgis for the Biker Rally, but we heard that crowd can get pretty rowdy.

Anyhoo, Achmed finally says, "how about packing cars with explosives and killing hundreds of random infidels in a coordinated series of gigantic fireballs?" And we're like, fuckin' A! Not only would it be an awesome bonding experience (with plenty of Paradise poontang, LOL), we would be doing a valuable community service. Okay, so we high-fived and made a solemn promise that we'd target two years after graduation for the big weekend prank blowout.

I know how it usually goes with these kinds of fraternity things; what with starting up a medical practice, honour killing obligations, and starting a family, it's easy to lose touch with the old school buddies. But this thing -- our thing -- was serious, you know? Thanks to email we were able to keep in touch and keep the plan going. As luck would have it, we all won Achmedinijad scholarships to do our residencies in England for the National Health Service. We got our families together most every weekend for backyard cookouts and self-flagellation and TV football matches. Afterwards me and the other guys would slip out to the garage for cigars, and to pack shrapnel.

So okay, the big weekend arrives, and the guys come over to my place bright and early, everybody's jazzed about rolling up some kufr carnage. All the propane tanks and propellant and nail canisters are ready to go. I look at Ali and say, "okay mate, back up your car to the garage and I'll start loading it up." He gets this dumbstruck look on his face and says, "my car? I thought Hassan was going to do the martyrdom." And then Hassan does a massive spit-take with his tea, and he's like, "whoa dude, I rigged the cell phones, I didn't agree to blow up. I thought Mohammed was going to do the blowing up." Then Mohammed's like, "don't look at me, pal, I thought I was just providing the spiritual guidance. Plus my car's in the shop for transmission work." From there it just descended into this big shouting match. Holy frickin' prophet, two years of planning this prank and now everybody wants to pussy out on the actual martyrdom.

Long story short, we decided to draw straws. And guess who wins? Yep, yours truly, good old sucker Khalid, the same guy with a pile of charge card receipts for petrol and propane and hardware. The same guy who ended up having to host two thirds of the martyrdom planning parties at HIS house, because his good old college "pals" always have some convenient excuse about "kitchen remodeling" or "MI6 surveillance," and never lift a finger to help clean up the empty bottles or paper plates or the C5 mess. Well, you know what they say: no good deed goes unpunished. Then the other short straw get pulled by Bilal, and I'm like, oh, great. Now I'll be banging some celestial virgin with that wanker looking over my shoulder.

So, I'm like, "okay, who's donating the cars?" And these dicks just look around at each other, and ANOTHER big argument breaks out, because "I still have 28 payments left," or "it's due for a tyre rotation," or some other lame excuse. So we draw straws again to pick the explosion cars, and guess who wins? Yup, my Benz, the same fucking car I just paid £129.95 to have detailed. So I go to the house and tell my wife Jumanah about the whole deal, and here it comes -- The Look. complete with the whole exasperated eye roll and head shake. I swear, if her dad wasn't my uncle, I'd be tempted to smack that irritating sneer right off her face. So she's like, "fine, go have your fun with your lazy jihad buddies and your 72 virgins. Just leave me the keys to the Jeep so I can get groceries."

After that, I guess I was pretty much ready to get it over with. I called up the office and had them cancel the rest of my patient appointments for the day and drove the Benz to London, which incidentally cost me another £40 for gas and tolls. When I got to Picadilly and parked in front of the nightclub and called Achmed on my cell to let 'er rip. Nothing. I sat there waiting 3 minutes waiting for the cell phone detonator to go off, nothing. I saw a cop walking toward the Benz, so I hopped out and started booking it and almost got run over by a double decker. I got on the Tube, thinking I was safe, but then all the stupid racist kufrs started giving me the stinkeye because apparently they're freaked by panting Arabs smelling of gasoline. I got out in Ealing and went to the mosque where the other guys were supposed to be, and they're all standing around like a bunch of sheepish idiots. So I'm like, "WTF? What happened with the detonation?"

Get this: Mohammed, whose only job it was to call in a simple fucking detonation code, switched his cell carrier to get the new iPhone and forgot to transfer his goddamn detonation contact list. So I'm like, "how about Bilal? Did he explode? Please tell me exploded." The dopey expressions around the room told me otherwise. Faaaack. Now there's NO dead infidels, NO horny virgins, and I'm out one leased Mercedes with a £12,000 balloon payment.

So I go, "here's the deal guys. I just put my ass on the martyrdom line, and it was Allah's will that it didn't happen. So why don't we just call it good, and try again in another two years." Crissakes, you would have thought I just took a dump in their falafel. They started talking about "Ummah Pride," and "giving it all for ol' Central Jordan U.."

So I said fine, let's draw straws again. Because, hey, what are the odds of me pulling martyrdom duty twice in a row? Guess I should have been a stat major, because there I was holding the short stick again. When Bilal pulled the other short stick, I just went ahead and volunteered my Jeep because I figured the way this day was going it was gonna get blown up one way or the other.

When Bilal and I got back to my house Jumanah had just gotten back from Tesco and was unloading groceries. "I thought you were supposed to be in Paradise by now," she said, in that stupid irritating voice. "Change of plans," I said. "We need to head up to Glasgow to blow up the airport."

Here it came again. The Look.

"Um, and we need to use the Jeep."

The Look X 2.

"And our faces are all over the TV, so we need you to drive us."

I won't even bother trying to describe her face at that point. We loaded up the rest of the explosive canisters in the back of the Jeep and headed north on the M1 in the middle of the out-of-town holiday rush traffic. Jumanah pretty much seethed the entire way, complaining about the traffic and the gasoline fumes. Needless to say when we finally got to Glasgow and dropped her off at a roadside cafe, I was pretty much geared up for the sweet release of death.

Okay, so Bilal and I get psyched up, check all the equipment to make sure it's ready for a big boom, point the Jeep at the terminal, and mash the throttle. I'm shouting "Allahu Akbar," and Bilal's shouting "Allahu Akbar" and "Go Martyrs" just like the old pep squad days at CJU. And I'm thinking, "oil up them virgins Allah, 'cause Dr. K's luck is about to change." BAAAAM! Right into the glass.

I was probably out for a two, three seconds. Bilal and I peeled our broken noses out of the airbags, which meant we were still alive, which meant the goddamn canisters didn't explode, again. Maybe we went through into the terminal and killed some infidels, I thought, then I saw we hadn't made it in more than a couple inches into the terminal. I mean, WTF? The Jeep salesman kept going on about how the Jeep was this awesome unstoppable American SUV that crusader cowboys use to bulldoze their way through mountain forests, with an easy payment plan, and the damn thing can't make it through a bloody plate glass window. I restart the engine and now the piece of shit just sits there spinning the tyres. "All wheel traction," my arse.

Okay, plan B. Bilal and I start pushing backup detonation buttons and cell codes. A couple of pops, but they were all duds. Then I see the cops coming at me.

As Allah is my witness, I really can't explain what happened next; maybe it was stress, or confusion, or frustration. Whatever the reason, I decided it was a reasonable idea at that point to pour a can of petrol over my head and hit the Bic.

Here's a handy health tip from Doctor K: if you ever get a wild urge to start yourself on fire, sit down and relax until it goes away. Because (A) it's not a particularly useful method for killing infidels, and (B) it. hurts. like. a. motherfucker. So much that I almost enjoyed the distraction those high-pressure water canons and getting my lights punched out by that crazy mumble-mouthed Scottish baggage handler.

By the way, did I mention I also started the Jeep on fire? Only 37 more payments of £438 to go.

After that, I really didn't mind getting bludgeoned by those angry bagpipers. The sound was horrible, but at least they got the rest of the flames out. I was almost relieved when the cops were cuffing me face down on the pavement, because by that point I was pretty much reconsidering this whole college martyrdom pledge prank thing and I figured the worst was over.

No such luck. Here's another handy health tip from Doctor K: if your skin is half melted and bubbly hot, avoid laying down on any surfaces that aren't Teflon coated. And please note: the Glasgow sidewalks aren't.

After a half hour with a spatula and ten cans of Pam, the cops finally got 95% or so of me peeled off the sidewalk. I looked down at my legs and realized that I'll be saving a lot of money on clothes from now on, because I'm sporting a permanent pair of melted-on black polyester trousers.

And then the kicker: I looked down at my package and noticed "Little Khalid" was AWOL. As they were loading me into the police wagon I glanced back over my shoulder and saw what was left of him charbroiling on the sidewalk. Then one of the bomb sniffing dogs gobbled him down like a sausage. A fat lot of good those 72 virgin are going to me now.

Final box score: I'm out one Mercedes, one Jeep, £2000 in miscellaneous bomb materials, three layers of skin, and one very low-mileage penis. Infidels killed: nil. So the next time you want to bitch to me about how bad your day is going, don't expect a lot of sympathy.

Well, gotta go. The interrogators are coming, and afterwards I've got an appointment to have my arse skin grafted on to my face. But I will leave you with one more handy tip from Doctor K: no matter how many virgins they promise, don't ever join a fraternity.

If you think I'm going to read all that you must be effin joking! :sleepy4:

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Now…. Hobbit you’re a naughty boy
So just admit your crime…
You gorra say who wrote it
when you post a rhyme

Cos when you see a likely poem
and you post it here
the next thing is the Google heads
all get into gear

An if they find that it`s not yours
You’re bound to get some flak
And even Slim (the cry baby)
Is liable to attack

So careful what you post next time
and don’t repeat your crime
Cos the disbelieving bastards here
will get you every time.

Anon.

hobbit

War Hero
UncleAlbert said:
Now…. Hobbit you’re a naughty boy
So just admit your crime…
You gorra say who wrote it
when you post a rhyme

Cos when you see a likely poem
and you post it here
the next thing is the Google heads
all get into gear

An if they find that it`s not yours
You’re bound to get some flak
And even Slim (the cry baby)
Is liable to attack

So careful what you post next time
and don’t repeat your crime
Cos the disbelieving bastards here
will get you every time.

Anon.

Good one UA I like it . Yeah some of these tuncs are like shite hawks just fence sitting and pick holes when they can . They can dish it out but cant take it very well . Keep up the good work.
:thumright:

slim

War Hero
Thank you for slinging more sh!t Hobbit I can take as much as you or anyone else can dish out.
Most members wil have noticed that I have not been replying to your taunts.
Below is the pm I sent Hobbit, I will not be responding to any more of his childish tantrums in CA.
The Gash Barge however is another matter

To: hobbit
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:29 pm
Subject: Insults
Hobbit I could trade insults with you for days and you would still bite. however I do not believe that current affair is the place to do it. had it been Diamond Lills no problem. Current affairs is the Big Boys playground where adults discuss serious issues, one of the reasons I rarely post there. I accused you of plagiarism and see no reason why you had to defend yourself. There was no defence it was someone else's work, end off.
I will not be replying to your taunts in CA so grow up and accept you were rumbled.
bet you were one of those Tiffs who always blamed someone else for his cock ups.

PINCH

War Hero
Get over it Slim.

is it really that important that you have to go on and on. Boring Boring Boring

Lay-Dean

Midshipman
Since the bitch-fight seems to over, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed the original (Oops sorry, I mean unoriginal) dit posted by Junglie. I didn't see him claim responsibility for it (the dit, not Glasgow), and who gives a shit anyway? If he hadn't posted it, I probably wouldn't have seen it and it wouldn't have brightened up my otherwise dull Friday evening. Good effort mate! :thumright:

Redsailor

Lantern Swinger
If you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research.
---WILSON MIZNER, attributed
AMERICAN HERITAGE DICTIONARY OF AMERICAN QUOTATIONS (1997)

Maybe it's not Mizner. Maybe he stole it?

Bottom Gun

Ramius135

Midshipman
Lay-Dean said:
Since the bitch-fight seems to over, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed the original (Oops sorry, I mean unoriginal) dit posted by Junglie. I didn't see him claim responsibility for it (the dit, not Glasgow), and who gives a shit anyway? If he hadn't posted it, I probably wouldn't have seen it and it wouldn't have brightened up my otherwise dull Friday evening. Good effort mate! :thumright:

Totally agree LD. Im not sure if this started in current affairs or not. Personally I don't give a toss who wrote it or posted it. Both ditties brought a grin to the face. Thanks to whoever wrote it and thanks to whoever posted it. :thumright:

hobbit

War Hero
Ramius135 said:
Lay-Dean said:

Totally agree LD. Im not sure if this started in current affairs or not. Personally I don't give a toss who wrote it or posted it. Both ditties brought a grin to the face. Thanks to whoever wrote it and thanks to whoever posted it. :thumright:

Common sense prevails ( sigh of relief )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New UK Government Covid testing site opens in Glasgow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 10 new satellites to be built in Glasgow in next three years as part of new innovative constellation service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Government COVID testing site opens in west Glasgow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Get tested at new coronavirus local testing site in Glasgow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Downing Street statement on Glasgow incident: 26 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Glasgow COVID-19 Mega Lab Opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid helps Scots tackle climate change ahead of Glasgow climate summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Date set for UK-wide summit in Glasgow on tackling drug misuse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: An inspection of Border Force operations at Glasgow and Edinburgh airports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Glasgow employer launches Graduate Apprenticeship Programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK government confirms Glasgow to host its largest ever summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS School's in for summer for students from Glasgow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Glasgow medical firm showcases the best of UK life sciences sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Glasgow boss banned for flouting director requirements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Glasgow mobile phone boss banned after submitting false documents MoD News 0
soleil RMC Scotland: Royal Marines Commando Dinner - Glasgow - 13 June 2018 The Corps 5
MoD_RSS News story: New Navy ship named in Glasgow MoD News 0
M Flights to and from Glasgow for Faslane The Quarterdeck 13
Subadubdub Travelling from Glasgow to Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
MoD_RSS News story: Glasgow engineers scope century of submarine innovation MoD News 8
BFRS Electrical Power Engineer - Bristol, Burton, Glasgow, Gloucester The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Field Service Engineer - Glasgow - £22,500 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Electrical/Mechanical Engineer - Glasgow The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BillyNoMates Glasgow Helo crash. Current Affairs 16
soleil "Royal Navy Returns To Glasgow After 20 Year Absence" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
D Glasgow Police Test. Miscellaneous 0
trelawney126 Mr Camoron's Sensitivity encroached in Glasgow The Gash Barge 9
Bunter Glasgow Football Blue Jokes 2
soleil STV: "New Navy Destroyer Sets Sail From Glasgow" The Fleet 1
janner Glasgow Wedding Miscellaneous 2
soleil Evening Times: "Glasgow Braces Itself For Naval Invasion" The Fleet 10
soleil STV: "Glasgow-built Destroyer Sets Sail For Naval Base" The Fleet 0
soleil BBC: "Historic Diary Of Glasgow Sailor Goes Online" History 7
rogerthecabinboy Glasgow's miles better. Current Affairs 3
O BAE Systems - Sea Trials Manager, Glasgow The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Glasgow Evening Times: "High-flying Heroes" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Glasgow Evening Times: "Risking it all for a rescue" The Fleet Air Arm 1
JamesH Glasgow's lynx The Fleet Air Arm 1
Capn_Pugwash IRA supporters disrupt Armed Forces Day Parade in Glasgow Current Affairs 7
C Glasgow & Strathclyde URNU SCC and URNU 1
G Industrial Refrigeration Engineer wanted in Glasgow The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
KLNA-Cessna-Jockey Glasgow to get 2014 Commonwealth Games Current Affairs 21
N Death of a relative ex HMS Glasgow amongst other History 7
finknottle Glasgow Airport attack man dies Current Affairs 26
B Glasgow car bombings suspect dies in hospital Diamond Lil's 18
H River Festival in Glasgow SECC RMR 2
R JPAC Enquiry Agent in Glasgow 4.5" salvo The Quarterdeck 7
Oil_Slick Glasgow Bombers named… Diamond Lil's 14
M Glasgow airport attack Current Affairs 139
H Know anyone that wants to Join Glasgow Holding troop RMR 0