Glandular fever

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by dannyboy1234, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, i may have glandular fever and im due to start training on the 24th of may i think? will this be a problem?
  2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

So you don't know exactly when you're due to join? I'd say glandular fever is the least of your worries.
  3. Mate, when I went to AFC harrogate my mate went in with it.... was hard but if you really want to get through training with it just put up with it... your throat will be like a balloon but you hopefully will live!
  4. It could last for up to 4 weeks but on a positive note, you will be immune to it thereafter.

You want to be careful who you kiss!

Try here for more info;

P.S. Check when you are due to start training. Turning up a day late won't go down too well will it!
  5. Get to your Doctor, get your meds down your neck and contact your AFCO.
  6. Stop lying you idiot.
  7. When I had it during my RN time, I was f**ked. One minute I'd be ok the next i'd feel weak.
    Get to your Doc ASAP, If you have it bad you'll never pass basic.
  8. Depends how bad it is. See how it goes. The treatment is rest and pain killers - if you have it bad then training will be out. You may be ok though. Pain is weakness leaving the body and all that.
  9. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I had Glandular Fever in 1957 and for two weeks at least I was out of it. I couln't get out of bed for a week. I still remember that in Stonehouse Hospital, in Plymouth ,I was given a bottle of Guiness every day to help me recuperate. I have never felt so 'poorly' in my life.
  10. Kids today,if Guinness makes ye poorly stick to Tizer. 8O