Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

giving notice after taking extended career

craig

New to this so thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully reply.

Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding taking extended career and then submitting notice to leave, to clarify can i take extended career and then give my notice at 21 years to recieve my pension or is there a return of service where i have to wait until 22 years and then give a years notice?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Can't speak for any new rules but when I took 2OE I couldn't submit my notice until the 2OE had started i.e. when I was past the 22yr point.

craig

Thanks for the info, had a look in the br before posting the thread and there is lots of info on pvr'ing and discharge shore etc but nothing on extended career and the rules and regs associated, just wanted to find the definitive as its getting to that time where I may be offered ec and it would be good to know that I can still leave after 22.
What to do???? Quite like the idea of having a date set in stone!

clanky

War Hero
Why not use EC as a mechanism to make sure you get out when you choose to, not just because you are time done.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

If you accept an offer of EC you are immediately on the new engagement with the associated later TX date.

If you subsequently decide you wish to leave on your original TX date then you would have to submit notice exactly 12 months before that date.

If it is your intent to leave on your original 22year TX date then consider changing your preferences so you are not a volunteer for EC. That will leave the EC you might get offered for someone who really does want it. Gives you your date that is set in stone!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Giving students advance notice of exam topics for summer 2021 should be handled with care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 80 hours unpaid work for giving unregulated immigration advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hull man guilty of giving unlawful immigration advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to boost capacity in employment tribunal system, giving quicker outcomes for employees and employers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regulators urge safe giving to charities as communities respond to Coronavirus pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ex-charity worker convicted of giving unlawful immigration advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Almost 1 in 3 are considering donating to a charity for Christmas instead of giving a gift MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scheme giving ex-offenders a stable place to live up and running MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Giving unregulated advice leads to prison sentence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Charity regulator encourages safer giving for Cyclone Idai Appeal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Terrorism insurance gap closed giving peace of mind to businesses MoD News 0
OMM Giving away a book. The Corps 7
soleil Telegraph: "Meet The Commander Giving The Royal Navy A Female Touch" The Fleet 65
E Thinking of giving it a whirl. Officer selection questions. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
scouse Giving Jay O'Donnell Book a plug The Fleet Air Arm 3
G Giving the commissioned the "good news" Diamond Lil's 29
NotmeChief Big ends gone. Anyone fancy giving me a hand. Motoring 14
T MOD Consider Giving Away HMS Victory Current Affairs 61
creddly Giving the Subs a thought! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
D Tony giving it up! Current Affairs 23
MoD_RSS Animal medicine seizure notice: Parcel addressed to County Tyrone MoD News 0
MoD_RSS York Steiner School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Daiglen School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Apex Primary School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highclare School warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS King Edward's School, Witley: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Moreton Hall School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS St Catherine's School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bury Park Educational Institute (Al-Hikmah Secondary School): warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lichfield Cathedral School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spring Hill High School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Pointer School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Saint Felix School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Babington House School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The National Mathematics & Science College: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Herington House School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prism Independent School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bootham School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Brighton and Hove Montessori School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hipperholme Grammar School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thetford Grammar School: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: Greater Brighton Metropolitan College MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: Nottingham College MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: Telford College MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: Moulton College MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: City of Wolverhampton College MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: Stoke on Trent College MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: The Cornwall College Group MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: Ruskin College MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Animal medicines seizure notice: Border Force, Heathrow Airport (2) MoD News 0