Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Give up the Ghost - American Navy Biggest, Baddest, Bestest

Re: Give up the Ghost - American Navy Biggest, Baddest, Best

Wish our government had the same appreciation/support for our armed forces as the yanks do theirs (they're good at that).

dunkers said:
Wish our government had the same appreciation/support for our armed forces as the yanks do theirs (they're good at that).

Turn of the last century quote of 'Lions led by Donkeys' ring a bell to anyone :?:

BootneckYank said:
SgtUSMC8541 said:
I've done some work with the RAF and bumpted into some Army and Marines in my time. (all in Iraq) I had no major issues at all. We all seemed to get along well and everyone was professional. One or two of yours were tools, but then again... we tied our idiots up and left them in the back of the 5 ton! :twisted: Cant have them embarassing my Marine Corps now can I?

Well, well, well. Another Marine finds his way in from the cold. Welcome aboard from an old air-winger (6531). We got a good bunch here, and they tell it like it is. Hope you're staying low out there.

B-Y

as a long standing and very honest, in my opinion, contributor to these forums, you are a valid member. Baiting and bashing other nations military is the norm. God knows what the Frogs say about us. Now you have an able assistant who appears to be able to take any of the miscreants on this forum out at 3.6 miles in the blink of an eye. Shades of full metal jacket. Welcome SgtUSMC(persec).

Nutty
MOG of the G Spot

I wish our government paid pensions to ex-Reservists. After my 14 years part-time square-bashing, dodging the sun in underground nuclear bunkers, plotting phantom merchant ships on make-believe convoys and sending TP signals to far and distant Whitehall, I could opt for early retirement and emigrate to the Faeroes! Bliss..... :)

I second Nutty BY, or should that read: BY, I second Nutty? You are an integral part of RR and anyway, where would ? ?? be without you? We've just included SgtUSMC... in the tale as well...

Steve.

THE THREAD THAT WOULDN'T DIE!!!

Thanks for the sentiment folks, but if you look at the date of that post,it was quite awhile ago!
You don't honestly think you can get rid of me that easily, do you?
I never intended to bugger off anywhere. I should have worded that better, sorry.

I, myself, would never, EVER, dream of saying unkind things about the lot of you, ya bunch of chinless, jug-eared, slack-jawed limey swab-jockeys!

BootneckYank said:

Thanks for the sentiment folks, but if you look at the date of that post,it was quite awhile ago!
I never intended to bugger off anywhere. I should have worded that better, sorry.

I, myself, would never, EVER, dream of saying unkind things about the lot of you, ya bunch of chinless, jug-eared, slack-jawed limey swab-jockeys!

Hehe, I think something got lost in translation - is that a colloquial phrase meaning "forefathers of our great nation"?! :wink:

sgtpepperband said:
BootneckYank said:

Hehe, I think something got lost in translation - is that a colloquial phrase meaning "forefathers of our great nation"?! :wink:

You know, that is precisely what I originaly wrote. Some evildoer must have re-worded it.

Chronic-Malcontent said:
American Navy Biggest, Baddest, Best..

Following is our Biggest, Baddest, Best.. Navagational accident...

Poke the X .. .

Careful dude, in the days of modern sonar and radar , navaids and GPS one of her majesty's finest ships still managed to "find" a large "CHARTED" spikey rock (a not inconsiderable distance from New Zealand) and had to be carried home hurt by a barge!

I also had the pleasure of a ateering gear problem on Brilliant while showing of to a bunch of russian frigates near Murmansk, how you RAS side by side, we ended up with most of our starboard side neatly folded like aluminium foil....took us a while ti limp back to Guzz for 6 weeks of repair....

So poor driving is not the solely a USN problem!

Latest Threads