Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Give up the Ghost - American Navy Biggest, Baddest, Bestest

And, as Page points out, the military hierarchy is even more distorted in the Royal Navy, where there are 41 admirals with only 40 major warships or submarines to look after.

The Times

I wonder, why does the Great Briton still have a Navy? We, the United States World Police Force (Riot), have all the hulls you ever need.

And when you build new warships, you build them with the French! Carriers too! If I may so state, 12 American supercarriers/swimming fortresses are serenely dominating 600 km exclusivity zones each in the oceans of the world, while the sole French carrier is glowing in the dark thanks to inappropriate reactors and chugging around in a circle after its propellor fell off.

And when you build destroyers, you build something like the Type 45! It's not even as good in AA as the latest Arleigh Burkes, the darlings of the ocean, loved by anyone who sees it, and it's subsurface and anti-ship warfare systems are severely downgraded, like the integrity of your 41 admirals.

Amerian training is also better and more realistic, we train by invading small to medium sized countries. To our faint annoyance, the shabby-equipped, badly armed British dogface with his wide open trusting blue eyes and bowl haircut usually wants to tag along too. Oh well, you're cousins after all.

Just pour all your money into producing decent infantrymen. We'll ship you here and there.

Re: Give up the Ghost - American Navy Biggest, Baddest, Best

Arrogance is also highly ranked by the USN too!

Did you know that the RN actually set warfare history :wink:

Cheers for the input shippers!

I think you'll find that American_Pride is a carry-across from ARRSE, where he is treated with exemplary derision and has been tagged as an official Oxygen Thief.

The Yanks know they are second best, and it really grips them - no matter how many expensive toys you put in the monkey's cage, you are still left with a monkey with expensive toys, not a world class monkey. If in doubt, they just pour on firepower - which is why they expect such high attrition rates from their own side. During GW1, and an island assault, they were willing to accept 30% casualties overall, with an expected 15% from "misplaced or misdirected munitions."

And if their "Special Forces" are so "special" - how come there are so many of them? Having worked extensively with them, I believe they were named in error. Special Needs.

When asked, in Mayport, by a drunken US Marine "where we were in 'Nam" - the best reply was "Well, Sir, we considered coming over and helping, but it appeared the little guys in black pyjamas didn't need us."

PompeySailor wrote: When asked, in Mayport, by a drunken US Marine "where we were in 'Nam" - the best reply was "Well, Sir, we considered coming over and helping, but it appeared the little guys in black pyjamas didn't need us."

Similiar thing happened in Hong Kong. The USS Coral Sea (umpteen thousand crew) came in for some R&R from Vietnam. Some Yank sailors started giving our ship's company (HMS Brighton 250 crew) grief in the China Fleet Club about our lack of involvement in 'Nam. The reply that got the best reaction and a bit of a scrap was "The Viet Cong are doing alright without us!).

PS. They then had to return onboard because of their Cinderella leave and leave all the girls they had been lashing up all night to the winners.

Ratrat said:
The USS Coral Sea (umpteen thousand crew) came in for some R&R from Vietnam. Some Yank sailors started giving our ship's company (HMS Brighton 250 crew) grief in the China Fleet Club about our lack of involvement in 'Nam.

Yes, those USN personnel were taking a real pasting from the VC raiding troops on the open seas.

Actually, the last USN bod I met who'd been off the coast of Vietnam bought drinks for the house and went on to express what a bloody good time he'd had during the Vietnam war.

Uncle_Albert said:
Ratrat said:
The USS Coral Sea (umpteen thousand crew) came in for some R&R from Vietnam. Some Yank sailors started giving our ship's company (HMS Brighton 250 crew) grief in the China Fleet Club about our lack of involvement in 'Nam.

Yes, those USN personnel were taking a real pasting from the VC raiding troops on the open seas.

Actually, the last USN bod I met who'd been off the coast of Vietnam bought drinks for the house and went on to express what a bloody good time he'd had during the Vietnam war.

And probably got a chestful of medals to prove it!

Come on folks, be fair, the Yanks women were always very generous to the RN lads

Lifeboatbod said:
Nam, wasnt that a bit like the Falklands but different result

A better comparison would be Malaya, apart from the fact that the communists lost in Malaya of course.

janner said:
Come on folks, be fair, the Yanks women were always very generous to the RN lads

They certainly were in Jebel Ali after the first effort, used to walk down the Jetty in my snug white shorts, help them drink their beer from the fridgecon on the jetty then take a young impressionable yank totty back for a ships visit, come down here my love, have you ever seen a rivet that colour. :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

How thats what I call Anglo American relations

and don't get me on about their minesweeping helos, which supposedly swept a channel for us to lead a force towards Kuwait, when US ships hit mines in the channel behind us 8O 8O and we have to wait for good old UK GRP sweepers to guide us out of it.

Well, we can at least be certain that the Yanks nor any other country can hope to touch our illustrious history. & if I may quote from The Cruel Sea.
I've nothing against the Americans, but I also don't believe they are anything special, there's just a lot of them.

Forty one is it? Where does American_Prick get her information? The Times? The Times is as wrong as she is.

There are only three full Admirals serving and four Vice Admirals. The rest are 2 star and they don’t add up to 41. Would anyone expect the Chief Naval Engineer Officer not to be at least a Rear Admiral (he is) for his professional status if nothing else? Or i/c BDS Washington? Chief of Staff to a four star? It shouldn't need saying but every Admiral has his rank for a reason and all have a job commensurate with their rank. Some even go to sea! More than American_Prick does.

Plenty Captains too. Not all command ships. If American_Prick knew anything about running a Navy she’d not be surprised at the amount of staff ashore.

Yank sailor: standard issue geek Jack Duckworth spectacles, twat caps, haircut by Twin Screws, ale capacity of a thirteen year old girl, Officers and Senior Rates wear khaki FFS, fat arrses, fatter heads.

The rest are gay.

ussbent.jpg

I have dealt with A_D via PM and it seems he is only here for one thing, to cause trouble.

To help us out, please try not to rise to him, he'll just keep posting drivel otherwise.

Cheers

Jenny
xx

Vesper said:
Well, we can at least be certain that the Yanks nor any other country can hope to touch our illustrious history. & if I may quote from The Cruel Sea.
I've nothing against the Americans, but I also don't believe they are anything special, there's just a lot of them.

As we know USA stands for Unlimited Supply of Americans.

Latest Threads