girlfriend???

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by mtodd, Feb 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been going out with a girl for 4 months and i join the navy on the 22nd feb. I live in carlisle as far away from hms raleigh as possible. Would it be just better for us to split up when i join, i can't really see any other option?
    any advice greatly appreciated .thank you.

2. Dear fcuking Deidre...

3. your right i should have wrote to her as well, will do in the mornin.

4. Does she let you do her up the ricker? Got photos? Pass her email over and she can cry on my shoulder.

Mate, Basic Training lasts what 9 weeks? You'll get Easter leave during Basic training. Then when you're finished you'll probably get at a Long weekend.
    Summer leave for Training Establishments (a block leave where just about everybody goes away) will fall during your Phase 2 Training.
    So the max you'll probably be apart from your GF will be a month.
    If your relationship can't hack that then how will you cope if you get a 6 month deployment in the Gulf straight out of Phase 2?
    Also if your going to ask questions about your personal life expect heaps.

5. You will have to end it as any relationships, other than marriage, are banned in the Royal Navy.

6. Cheers for the advice. I dont mind people taken the mick, i can take it as long as they can take it back. Seems to me that i'll probably enjoy myself in the navy more solo.

7. You will.

Bring a spare sock.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. not lookin forward to having to do that myself :(

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Keep her going on the side, that way you get to empty your luv spuds on leave.

You will be expected to post photo's of her on the "Gronks" Board down at raleigh, feel free to post on here first so we can vet them for you.

10. I'll be keeping any pictures for private use, thanks

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You'll get into the sharing spirit after a few months...

12. Whose private use, and how much are they paying?

Is the "sharing spirit", rum?

13. No it's what's your's is mine, what's mine me own. :twisted:

14. Mate, the majority of people on this site have had plenty of experience within the RN & RM at the art of slinging sh!t. And to sling it you need to be able to take it. I don't think you'll be able to upset too many people.

Serious head on. Only you will know whether your relationship can survive seperation of what will be initially only a couple of months. If you are expressing doubts now then I don't think it will.

I ditched the woman I was shagging when I joined up. Then again, she was my mate's mum, twice my age and still married. :lol:

15. Well then, just lets hope that it isn't the Navigating branch that you are going to join! If perhaps you take a look at an Atlas you might find that there is a biggish piece of land further North than Carlisle. It's called Scotland and believe it or not, people from there also go to Raleigh. Yes! No sh1t. Honest they do! So you see there are places further away from Raleigh than you. I mean, heavens to Betsy, some of the newbies might even live in the land of the Midnight sun in those groups of islands called the Orkney's and Shetlands.

Dipsh1t!

16. Top effort Jimmy Green. 8O You're my hero!

17. Carlisle? Surly Wick is a bit further?

18. Bloody Heell Jockroach you are correct. I wondered why it took me so long to travel down from Faslane when I thought it was close to Carlise. Now I think about it the locals did speak a bit weird. Still its all England really, Scotland is just another County is it not?

Nutty

19. Haha what a lie if i ever heard one. My boyfriend is on HMS Daring at the moment and i live near birmingham. Its hard but it still works and it makes things so much better when we havent seen each other for ages and we do again. Its brill. Don't split up with your girlfriend mate it should all work out.

20. Nutty, Old bean.

I will not argue the point with you as I almost totally agree with you. I am not one of these rabid SNP punters. I voted against it all. There was nothing wrong with how it was set up before devolution, and in my opinion ony, if it 'aint broke, don't fix it! We are the UK. The British Isles etc.
    Please God that we never, ever, get Independance. Then I will emigrate, like you. But I'll just go to Carlisle, as I know it's South. Without having to use charts or an Atlas.
    JR