Girlfriend in the navy

prospect

Midshipman
Before you ask, yes I have seen the other threads on this subject but thought it best that I start a fresh one for my situation.

I leave for Dartmouth on the 13th September. Some girl I've known through college basically declared her undying love for me a couple of weeks ago and I pushed her off because of the Navy.

My question is should I go for it, so I have something to go back to, stay single and get a girl in every port, or, dare I say it, both?

I do like her, and she really does want a relationship but she doesn't seem to understand why 6-9 months away is a problem, and compares it to university (silly girl).

Any way, I'd just like a different perspective than that of my Neanderthal friends :wink:

JonnoJonno

Banned
prospect said:
My question is should I go for it, so I have something to go back to, stay single and get a girl in every port, or, dare I say it, both?

Where you live should be considered a port. Keep her on for the rare trips home, and as an email clout picture provider.

Slushy response:

If she truly loves you and you love her, then she'll understand, and you'll have a fully satisfying lifetime relationship. :pukeright:

Pragmatic response:

If she can't understand now, she'll never understand and it won't even last to your passing out.

It's not like you're in a hurry so keep her on the back burner and see how it pans out through BRNC, Fleet Time etc.

And for god's sake, don't even think about binning the Navy for her - you'll regret it forever!

daffy1

War Hero
Fcuk her off and go whoring. Or better yet keep her and go whoring. After all as soon as you go to another country you are technically single again.

daffy1 said:
Fcuk her off and go whoring. Or better yet keep her and go whoring. After all as soon as you go to another country you are technically single again.

That's probably the best advice.

What goes on deployment stays on deployment!

Latest Threads