Gib super yacht .

Can remember going up to the "radar station" on the upper rock (the bit overlooking the airfield) ... landy had to reverse the last bit as there was no room to turn round at the top - considering the driver was a crabbess driving backwards on her mirrors with quite a sheer drop one side ... bit of a sphincter trembler!

Anyone been down into Lower St Michael's cave??? Used to be accessed by a gate lower down from the main cave entranced and had to go down ropes to get to the cave floor ... but absolutely fascinating!

Can remember going up to the "radar station" on the upper rock (the bit overlooking the airfield) ... landy had to reverse the last bit as there was no room to turn round at the top - considering the driver was a crabbess driving backwards on her mirrors with quite a sheer drop one side ... bit of a sphincter trembler!

Anyone been down into Lower St Michael's cave??? Used to be accessed by a gate lower down from the main cave entranced and had to go down ropes to get to the cave floor ... but absolutely fascinating!
Yeah, lower caves were pretty special.

Two dits for the price of one.

I was on a diving exped to Gib and they made us re-take our ADP (Admiralty Driving Permit) before they'd give us a Landy to play with. No probs. It was a LWB 110. We set off for the Upper Rock, changing around as we went further up, so everyone got a turn of being 'assessed'. My turn came at the very top - I got to do the 3 point turn on a road about 3 feet wide - what a laugh with the other participants cracking on about the drop, view, wind etc.

Re being inside the Rock. There is a cracking dive deep inside the Rock, accessed through Ragged Staff magazine, just inside the old Main Gate. I have been fortunate enough to dive it several times. It was restricted to Service personnel/dive clubs only. However 'they' have now banned all diving in there as there was a fatality a couple of years ago.

Re being inside the Rock. There is a cracking dive deep inside the Rock, accessed through Ragged Staff magazine, just inside the old Main Gate. I have been fortunate enough to dive it several times. It was restricted to Service personnel/dive clubs only. However 'they' have now banned all diving in there as there was a fatality a couple of years ago.
I've also had the pleasure of diving Silent Pool although only the once. In recent years I've been back to Gib and that whole tunnel had been handed over the the Gib government. It was possible to drive in and then get access to the pool. Didn't dive it though, just remembered what a cracking dive it is.

Would love to do it again.

I've also had the pleasure of diving Silent Pool although only the once. In recent years I've been back to Gib and that whole tunnel had been handed over the the Gib government. It was possible to drive in and then get access to the pool. Didn't dive it though, just remembered what a cracking dive it is.

Would love to do it again.
The topic has changed somewhat but hey-ho.

Back when I was...oh forget that. 10 weeks on Andros Island. Bliss.
Dived a Blue Hole and, apart from flinging myself out of a Hercules
(twice - just for the Hell of it), going into one of these is an experience
that is never forgotten.

http://www.smallhope.com/activities/advanced-diving/inland-blue-holes.html

http://searchpp.com/diving-the-blue-holes-of-andros-island/

Oh well, since the thread has well and truly drifted, re the Blue Hole - BLACK CAT time. My last 'job' in Pusser was teaching diving at JSSATC Belize, on St George's key It was a tough 5 or 6 weeks, but someone had to do it!

Billy, sadly I only dived once on Andros!

RNAS Lossiemouth Sub Aqua club had some of the best muff divers in the RN
We occasionally would also dive in such wonderful places as Lossie Harbour, Macduff harbour and other freezing places with no viz

Oh well, since the thread has well and truly drifted, re the Blue Hole - BLACK CAT time. My last 'job' in Pusser was teaching diving at JSSATC Belize, on St George's key It was a tough 5 or 6 weeks, but someone had to do it!

Billy, sadly I only dived once on Andros!
Great time had on Andros for the loan draft. There was also a fair
bit of imbibing done - (The Thousand Fathom Club), and, every
Sunday, I was detailed off to top up a pussers grip with the "good
stuff" from the PX, get my arse to the helo pad, and fly over to
Nassau with a shit load of goodies for the RNLO and his gang.
Seen the water from thirty feet up at two hundred miles an hour?
It's so clear that y'could see all the airplanes that had been carrying
drugs that had been ditched, rather than fly on to the places like
West Palm. (It was easier for the drug barons to "lose" a few than
have'em all get through. Also.....Nassau airport...the edges of the
runways were littered with seized aircraft from successful airborne
prosecutions by the nutters based on Andros (some of them ex Vietnam helo driving psychos). All captured planes, cars and go-fasts
were usually auctioned off by the DEA for a fraction of what they
actually cost.
I hardly did a full days work during the entire 10 weeks I was there.

'Tis good to have nice memories.

B.N.M.

Did you get issued with your own golf cart? Or like me, just a push bike? I was there for the 2019 Mod 1 trials what a wheeze! Thousand Fathom Club - oh yes! And the beach bar with the cricket crazy local guy.

Happy, happy daze.

(It was a drug plane we dived on.)

Naval Party 2010 was our official title I think. It was my first task to check all the bikes out, take all the recreational stuff down to the beach and then just generally loaf, do a few signals. sort out those from visiting boats accommodation, do a couple of airport runs every now and then c/o 1 x swb pussers landrover, and crash RNLO AUTEC's golf cart into the side of my trailer on more than one occasion at closing time. "Mike" ran the Beach Bar I believe and he was the happiest bloke I have ever met in my entire fu**ing life.
Ever heard the term "Gator Bumping"?

Bill.

Latest Threads