Ghost Boat

Father_Famine

Lantern Swinger
Hi,

Firstly I'm an ex Skimmer, but, just watched first part of this and thought it was a good story.

Interested if anyone knows what they used to record it, I think David Jason said it was recorded in New Zealand, and what you Deeps think of it.

joesoap

Midshipman
How do they get out of this sticky fix,not a bad story so far, but then anything that David Jason does or is involved in gets a big thumbs up from me.

Geoff_Wessex

Lantern Swinger
Pretty sure it's an Italian WW2 boat, and filmed in the Med - that's not the Baltic! I can't find the exact boat/class as I've packed my books away.

Graybags

Lantern Swinger
Opening scenes - I'm convinced were filmed in Xlendi, Gozo
Obvious scenes from Mainland Malta
I'm convinced they sneaked Guzz in there very briefly, you could see the unmistakable outline of the frigate complex ( I believe )
G

redshank

Midshipman
I believe that Sir David Jason mentioned during his interview on Parkinson that part of Ghost Boat was filmed in Rome.

Father_Famine

Lantern Swinger
redshank said:
I believe that Sir David Jason mentioned during his interview on Parkinson that part of Ghost Boat was filmed in Rome.

Thats it, Why did I think it was in Kiwi, Had a few sherbets before watching Parkie.

Was that MarsaVin he was supping?

come_the_day

Lantern Swinger
The in-boat scenes were apparently filmed using the same set as was used for U571, or whatever the story was that accused the yanks of regaining the ENIGMA machine.

I thought the story was very good and there weren't too many lapses in the detail, as far as I could see.

I thought the story was very good and there weren't too many lapses in the detail, as far as I could see.[/quote]

The biggest gaff I saw was when he piped down to the Engine Room and the fella who replied spoke into a loudspeaker!! 8O

Nicks said:
I thought the story was very good and there weren't too many lapses in the detail, as far as I could see.

The biggest gaff I saw was when he piped down to the Engine Room and the fella who replied spoke into a loudspeaker!! 8O[/quote]

Quite a lot of old intercom systems used loudspeaker/mikes like that, and I do remeber that the bridge intercom on RN boats in my time used a pressuretight loudspeaker/mike.

Peter

fido

MIA
Graybags said:
Opening scenes - I'm convinced were filmed in Xlendi, Gozo
Obvious scenes from Mainland Malta
I'm convinced they sneaked Guzz in there very briefly, you could see the unmistakable outline of the frigate complex ( I believe )
G

That was certainly Grand Harbour Malta and, Graybags, it was definitely Marsavin that he was drinking and, probably, that scene was filmed in Gozo. Interestingly, there is a discreet but very moving memorial to our submariners tucked away in a quiet corner in Valleta - I wonder how many British tourists spot it! (clue - you need to walk the wall)

fido