Getting to Collingwood from Pompey

Quick one,

Does anyone know the best way to get from Pompey to Collingwood on public transport? I've got a holdover there as i've biffed my leg, can't drive or cycle. Taxi's look like they'll cost a fortune.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

From what I can see the first bus doesn't get to Collingwood til 0845 (unless i'm missing something). Should have mentioned I need to be there for 0800.

How did we ever get back for call the hands off the Gosport ferry to St Vincent, Sultan, Daedalus and Collingwood, on a Monday morning ???.:sad:

slim

War Hero
What you need my son is Cock Lodgings.
Go to grab a granny the night before, trap, back to her place and then walk to Collingrad. Just make sure she has a gaff in Fareham.:jocolor:

So, two suggestions of "walk" and one of "buy a bike", which bit of "I've got a biffed leg" couldnt you translate :glasses3::banghead:

Last edited:
Quick one,

Does anyone know the best way to get from Pompey to Collingwood on public transport? I've got a holdover there as i've biffed my leg, can't drive or cycle. Taxi's look like they'll cost a fortune.

So, two suggestions of "walk" and one of "buy a bike", which bit of "I've got a biffed leg" couldnt you translate :glasses3::banghead:

nothing about walking in the OP :roll:

What does biffed mean...exactly? And anyway it's not ours or the Navy's problem. If you can't get there for 0800 you'll just have to live onboard during the week.

From what I can see the first bus doesn't get to Collingwood til 0845 (unless i'm missing something). Should have mentioned I need to be there for 0800.

This is where (I'm going to need a shower after saying this) the crabs have it right! You have until 4pm to turn too on your first day. Unless things have changed?

Quick one,

What have you done to your leg, Dan?

There is a bus that runs from Nelson to Collingrad, the earliest bus leaves from 6am, but you'll need to give the dockyard a call on 02392 720120 and pressing the appropriate keys to get to the information line.
The timings may have changed since I was last there in 2011 and it might now mean needing to change at Excellent.

Quick one,

Another quick one:

Any news, Hop-a-long Chastity?:smilebox:

Are we there yet?