Getting Super Dooper Fit for Raleigh

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by rnrob09, Dec 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright

I will be at HMS Raleigh in May 2010 to start RT. I have about 17 weeks to get my fitness to the best it has been. I was quite a fit fella du to playing football and going to the gym, but I haven't stuck at it. So I am confident of doing this and maybe helling other people who are going to Raleigh.

I am 5,8 and weigh about 13.10, so I would like to lose a stone and possibly a half. Terrain is a nightmare so it looks like I will start on Monday
  2. Er, what's the point of this? There is a blog feature on Rum Ration!
  3. Cover 20-25 miles a week running and walking (in whatever combination you can manage) and try a swim or two. If you are not already fit then try Pilates/yoga once a week to ensure you are flexible. Get used to enjoying hill walking and cooking healthy food. Pressups and situps (however many you can be arsed to do ) each morning.

With 17 weeks you can really change your lifestyle and be injury free for a few months. Don't break yourself rushing.

I cover 55miles a week tabbing and 15 miles a week running, including 3 swims and some gym work. Find a dirty girl to sort your abs out.
  4. I see that Oxygen Thief tag is still required.
  5. Who are you referring to?
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Aye, but since its xmas day I won't add any further comments.
  7. witsend

Tim aka DrZ, back by popular demand.
  8. Nor should you be able to! :D
  9. witsend

Getting into the spirit now my taxi duties are over. :wink:
  10. Zoidberg. Again.
  11. Cheers, I'm paranoid when drunk! Hope you are having a better xmas than your presence on here suggests! :D
  12. What the hell have I done now?
  13. witsend

The usual, being a bellend. And on christmas day, Ohhhhh the shame!
  14. To Zoidberg: Shouldn't worry too much about it Tim, the PTIs at Raleigh will sort out your fitness problem toot sweet..believe Hope your expectations of life in the Andrew match the reality...good luck and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year
  15. This isn't my thread, Dicky. My fitness is just fine ;)
    Merry xmas dicky.
  16. Cheers for the intrest fellas, well made up

Conditions are starting to clear now I was hoping to get out running on Monday but Tuesday might be the safer option. Seem to have fixed up a running partner which should help us both.
  17. Got my PJFT on the 4th, But as everyone can see the conditions to go out running are terrible, doesnt help the fact that i have two huge hills - one to run up and one to run down (and by huge i mean steep) so ill end up falling and breaking my kneck :D. I have no idea what to do. Hitting the cross trainer, but its a totally different feel to running quite obviously,

Anyone have any tips as to what to do till the roads / pavements clear up a but more ?

P.s Sorry for thread jacking :D

Trigger 8)
  18. Go walking
  19. Interval training on the treadmill works a treat